Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laser Cutting Service

Hi ,

Can someone advise me is there such a service (i.e. Lasser cutting) available? The material is 1/16 ply and 1/8 balsa wood.

I found the same query but it was way back to 2006 , not too sure on changes.

Thanks in advance for the advise.

David.

hi there, u might wanna try "Applied Cutting Technology Pte Ltd" located at 43 Ubi Crescent. Look for Mr Chua. I've went there to cut some ribs before on a 900mm * 300mm ply (i used up most of the space). cost me around $50..

Comment

Originally posted by zQzQzQ View Post
      hi there, u might wanna try "Applied Cutting Technology Pte Ltd" located at 43 Ubi Crescent. Look for Mr Chua. I've went there to cut some ribs before on a 900mm * 300mm ply (i used up most of the space). cost me around $50..
      brother, thank u so much, will check it out. By the way, I ve only hard copy drawing, u think they can handle it?

David

Comment

laser cutting

Found the place. All they need is the CAD drawing in soft copy form, however, the service is not cheap

From the estimation, I will have to spend more than S$150~S$200 for the total requirement.

Will see.

Comment

hmm.. thats pretty much on the high side. cause the other time i only did cut one piece of ply. =)

Comment

Originally posted by zQzQzQ View Post
            hmm.. thats pretty much on the high side. cause the other time i only did cut one piece of ply. =)
            From the way he estimate, it all voice down to the time that spend on cutting. Rib is straight forward than formers I guess ... refer to enclosed picture.. to cut the piece like "O-O", it cost S$ 5~S$6 the other ranged from S$ 2~ S$3... this is just few of the pieces in my drawing

Comment

Originally posted by Dting26 View Post
              From the way he estimate, it all voice down to the time that spend on cutting. Rib is straight forward than formers I guess ... refer to enclosed picture.. to cut the piece like "O-O", it cost S$ 5~S$6 the other ranged from S$ 2~ S$3... this is just few of the pieces in my drawing
              Ha! From your drawings, that is a twin EDF right bro?
              Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
                Ha! From your drawings, that is a twin EDF right bro?
                Yes. U r right.

Comment

Don't spend unneccessary money on such thing unless you are doing mass production or have too many difficult pieces to cut. Think of alternate ways of doing things. If such shape is too difficult to cut from thick plywood, you can always made one out of laminations of 1/32" plywood. You can use compass cutters to cut the 2 big nice round holes and sharpened brass tube to cut the lightening holes. For that reason, I seldom stock up 1/8" plywood at home these days. But I have quite a bit of 1/64" to 1/16" plywood lying around.

If this is balsa, it'll be even easier. Using laminations of 1/32" or 1/16" medium/hard balsa with alternate grain directions to make a balsa ply part. Start off by cutting one piece and using it as the template to cut out the rest of the laminations.

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
                    Don't spend unneccessary money on such thing unless you are doing mass production or have too many difficult pieces to cut. Think of alternate ways of doing things. If such shape is too difficult to cut from thick plywood, you can always made one out of laminations of 1/32" plywood. You can use compass cutters to cut the 2 big nice round holes and sharpened brass tube to cut the lightening holes. For that reason, I seldom stock up 1/8" plywood at home these days. But I have quite a bit of 1/64" to 1/16" plywood lying around.

If this is balsa, it'll be even easier. Using laminations of 1/32" or 1/16" medium/hard balsa with alternate grain directions to make a balsa ply part. Start off by cutting one piece and using it as the template to cut out the rest of the laminations.
                    I agreed with u, with such amount, I should consider order the kit.

Comment

haha.. true.. unless u have loads to spare and erm. lazy like me.. haha..

Comment

Yes, charges are based on cutting time... because the laser has an operating life... If you really have to go for laser cutting, maybe reduce cutting time by cutting only the outlines and core out the lightening holes yourself. You can buy cheap hole saws from the hardware shop for that purpose.

Originally posted by Dting26 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by mun36 View Post
                          Yes, charges are based on cutting time... because the laser has an operating life... If you really have to go for laser cutting, maybe reduce cutting time by cutting only the outlines and core out the lightening holes yourself. You can buy cheap hole saws from the hardware shop for that purpose.
                          Good idea. Thanks.

I am still waiting for the reply from the original designer about the shipping cost, the kit is only US$159 , if the shipping cost is reasonable, I will consider that and it will save me time and cost.

David

Comment

That looks like one of the F-14 plan i have... =P
                            sigpic
                            FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Working...
                            X