anyone flying?
    feedback?
    thks

Originally posted by calvin View Post
    anyone flying?
    feedback?
    thks
    Hi Calvin,

I actually saw Mr Leon flying this at PFW this morning. Even with the wind, it was quite a charm flyer zooming about looking very scale. From what I can see, at sub 200 dollars, it has everything in the box and is really light and convenient to charge at the field and refly.
    Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Ultra micro P-51

I hope you are refering to the Ultra micro P-51 and not the other bigger brother parkflyer P-51 by Parkzone also.

My 2-cents worth on this little flyer,

Yes like Edmond said, this little p-51 can handle itself in light consistant winds (not the freaky gusty winds) quite ok. But the pilot has to be on the alert to make any quick adjustments to prevent the occasional "windy-takovers". Its designed to be an in-door flyer afterall, and for good outdoor flights a higher throttle was needed to give good authority over the elements.

Because of its largely undercamber wing for max lift upright, the plane drops a lot when inverted. Rolls are not axial at all, so cooridination with the elevator in the inverted portion is a must. Loops are good but because of its limited power, enter the loop with speed and manage the throttle during the downward part of the loop. I crashed it once in one when the plane was coming down too fast to pull up.

However, because of its low weight, the plane survived the direct nose dive into the grass with little damage. Repair work consist of just paint job touch-ups. Guess I was lucky. The plane is reinforced at the right places. Wing leading edges are factory-taped so grass landing barely causes any scratches.

I usually leave the the landing gears off for outdoors, as it helps a little on outdoor flights and more so 'coz one of my fav maneuvers is low-passes. P-51looks better in clean rather than to many things dangling under the belly. Anyways, I usually bring my MPX Twinstar for scale ROG and landings.

This might sound crazy, but one of the reason why I bought this plane is because it fits in a box and the box fits into the car and home nicely without much complains from anyone. Only dowside, my box almost became a rubbish bin to some unwary brother in the field, right Edmund?..heh..heh.

Final words here, need to be an experienced pilot to manage this plane outdoors; should be a sweet easy plane indoors. Get a few more micro batts, bring that old E-Flight charger to the field to boost the charging rate.

Cheers,
      Leon

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
        Hi Calvin,

I actually saw Mr Leon flying this at PFW this morning. Even with the wind, it was quite a charm flyer zooming about looking very scale. From what I can see, at sub 200 dollars, it has everything in the box and is really light and convenient to charge at the field and refly.
        thx for the replies bros,
        will get one soon.
        for the motor, is it brushless or like the suhkoi brushed.

Comment

Brushed. Don't need the extra power to this simple tiny plane. The undercamber wings does its job brilliantly, plus i don't think the tiny servos are rated to handle high speeds.

I think the reason mine survived a head-on crash because it's kept light and simple.

The designers done a good job in balancing the weight/power/survivability.

Comment

Working...
          X