Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for pointing it out

Bro,
    If you noticed, I have added a tongue with ply to hold the back end of the pod just like the original cockpit. slide in the tongue and lock the magnet. It will not come off. Only time it comes off is when head on crash. So it works as a quick release pod too. Impact will be reduced and equipment will most likely be safe.

Cheers
    Ben

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
    Are you using one or more magnets to hold the pod? It may not work if there is a sudden rock to the plane or gust of strong wind when up there.
    Suggest using a more physical way like Velcro tape or tie for fixing you equipments outside the plane.

Comment

You guys heard of the Multiplex Movie-Star?

Apparently it's built specially for camera applications.

"Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

There is a video in YouTube with a bear flying it FPV, Really nice... I find the link

R/C airplane inflight HDV movie with Pilot teddy bear. Old airplane kit Super Drifter with 3 gyro. Useing HDV video camera SONY camcorder HDR HC3. A photogra...

Ben

Comment

Best video out there. really the best. One of these days I'll do something similar....one of these days.....

Time to daydream of Darth Vader flying a black Pitts.
          "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
            Best video out there. really the best. One of these days I'll do something similar....one of these days.....

Time to daydream of Darth Vader flying a black Pitts.
            Make a TIE Interceptor.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ben33 View Post
              There is a video in YouTube with a bear flying it FPV, Really nice... I find the link

R/C airplane inflight HDV movie with Pilot teddy bear. Old airplane kit Super Drifter with 3 gyro. Useing HDV video camera SONY camcorder HDR HC3. A photogra...

Ben
              That's not the plane, though it looks similar.

Comment

Pan Tilt Camera mount

I have cut a slot on the pod to fit the pan Pan servo. The tilt servo sits above the pan servo and on it mounts the camera. i have also cut a hole so that wiring can run through to beneath the pod. I sprayed the pod yellow to match the plane.

The pan tilt with the Head tracker is really an amazing piece of equipment. Don't know how to put it, but when you wear it and look around the room, it moves the way your head tilts and turns... cool.
                Oh i have also added the servo stretcher to the pan servo so that it can rotate 180 degrees. Oh.. forgot to tell you that you need to open up the pan servo to remove the limit stop. If not it might strip the gears if it over shot the travel.

With that the conversion is nearly done. Tomorrow i will tidy up all wiring and then I can call this project done.

Ben

Comment

I have cut a slot on the pod to fit the pan Pan servo. The tilt servo sits above the pan servo and on it mounts the camera. i have also cut a hole so that wiring can run through to beneath the pod. I sprayed the pod yellow to match the plane.

The pan tilt with the Head tracker is really an amazing piece of equipment. Don't know how to put it, but when you wear it and look around the room, it moves the way your head tilts and turns... cool.
                  Oh i have also added the servo stretcher to the pan servo so that it can rotate 180 degrees. Oh.. forgot to tell you that you need to open up the pan servo to remove the limit stop. If not it might strip the gears if it over shot the travel.

With that the conversion is nearly done. Tomorrow i will tidy up all wiring and then I can call this project done.

Ben
                  Hi Ben,

I think I forgot to mod the 180 stops in my pan servo, after a few flights it stopped moving. Can show me how you did the mod?

Comment

I missed out on the photos when I did it. Ok very simple and it also depends on what servos you are using. some servos has it's stop on the housing and some on the gear. I am using HXT900 and the limit stop is on the gear itself. I used a pen knife to remove the stop. It's not difficult, once the housing is off you should be able to see it.

Ben

Originally posted by etman View Post
                    Hi Ben,

I think I forgot to mod the 180 stops in my pan servo, after a few flights it stopped moving. Can show me how you did the mod?

Comment

I missed out on the photos when I did it. Ok very simple and it also depends on what servos you are using. some servos has it's stop on the housing and some on the gear. I am using HXT900 and the limit stop is on the gear itself. I used a pen knife to remove the stop. It's not difficult, once the housing is off you should be able to see it.

Ben
                      Ok thanks!

Comment

i've seen a video of someone putting a pilot figure with the hands on the joystick which actually moves and a pan tilt camera on the head. its damn cool. someday....

Comment

Originally posted by zQzQzQ View Post
                          i've seen a video of someone putting a pilot figure with the hands on the joystick which actually moves and a pan tilt camera on the head. its damn cool. someday....
                          The guys called VRFlyer and he's a legend.

Cap 232 FPV realistic cockpit

He also did the F16 realistic cockpit with moving joystick.

Comment

o yeah! thats the video.. i remember watching it some time ago and wanna show my friend. but couldnt rem where i seen it. haha. thanks anyway!

Comment

This VRFlyer is really good. The time and effort that went into the F16 was super time consuming. I dont think we can achieve it here. Did you see how he made his pan to go 360 degrees... and wonder how he got his servo movement to be so smooth. It's impressive!!!

ben

Comment

Ok... past few nights i have been trimming and positioning the Vtx and the LRS antennas so that the interference is kept to the min. at certain position the servos will jitter... So avoid that. Another trick is to twist the wirings. i have done those as you can see from the pic.
                                The Pan/Tilt works great and smooth now. 180 degrees from pan and 90degrees for tilt.

Finally the project is complete. Now will have to put it through it pace.
                                If you like to see Videos of the flight. Pls join Vimeo and pm me your nick.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X