Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't take much to continue the momentum. So, back from work and dinner and on with the gloves and Darth Vader mask for spraying.

Worked the 3 colors in the right sequence. All but one flaw in the Intermediate Blue.... (why did I not realize the different range I had picked between Mr Color & Mr Hobby from Gunze Sangyo). Anyhow, the arcylic Mr Hobby didn't stick too well to the primer and ended up dusting off between the darker Navy Blue. Will have to work a little touch up tomorrow and wait another day to seal the gloss coat on. It's clearly been a long while since I touched plastic modelling paints (given all the 'new' bottles I had in storage are caked up!)

Here's the result for the moment:

Comment

A very nice job indeed. I think that with the additional weight of batteries, motor, esc and servos, the landing speed could be quite rough on the tissue and balsa stick structure - especially the belly. I presume that you will not be putting any U/C on. You may want to choose a field with a good layer of soft grass to land on.

Cheers.
      To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Yup, no U/C. I doubled up on the dope for the moment and yes, I'm sure the landings will be a stress on the structure. Key thing on flying is me watching the time. The last time I took up an electric bird, ran out of battery and stalled it (and it wasn't foam).

Anyhow, fingers crossed on getting this to fly. And in flying, to land softly w/o running out of battery!

Comment

Bro. very nice project ...i got 1 B25 n 1 Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless . help me to finish up....

Comment

Tried my best to push along but still encountered some hick-ups with the decals. They don't even compare to plastic model decals. Either that or the adhesive had expired. Will have to go visit my good friend at the Alexandria Road motorcycle area to get the decals customized.

Managed to complete the touch up for the Navy Blue and lacquer coat is on. Also glued on the canopy with some Pacer canopy glue from 9 years ago!

Home stretch is just around the corner. I could just put it all together and go fly it but a few more days on the decals is not going to hurt! From then on, it's putting all the electronics back in and pre-flight checks.

Still looking for a mini receiver for 40Mhz (40.79).

Comment

Very nice
              Like to see it maiden soon.

Comment

Stickers will take a little bit more time. William was busy to say the least but he's working on them. In the meanwhile, couldn't resist piecing together the electronics.

At least everything fits in snug with no conflicts in terms of movement. Still need to increase the elevator throws and check on the aileron throws.

Initial indication is the torque from the prop causes the plane to roll but not too drastic. Will have to get a second opinion on this.

Anyhow, here are the pics and had a brief video caught before the camera ran out of memory (not a fan of putting up videos - it's recorded as horizontal but the prop is vertically aligned). There's enough vertical pull but like I mentioned, there's slight tendency on the roll. Will see if a lower prop pitch will solve this but I'm not sure I have too many options for props but nevertheless, will check.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dm29EAjDXw

Till then, it's focus on the decals and all these pre-flight considerations.

Comment

Decals are on and here's what it's looking like for now. Also got a set of 4.5x3 props over the 5x3s. MAde a mistake by highlighting the torque in a vertical orientation. Torque roll is not evident when it's horizontal.

Just have to work on the throws for the aileron and elevator and check the CG with the battery in. Yes, I nearly forgot CG....

Comment

Just a few more pictures on the decals from Just Wheelz. Really didn't expect him to get it so refined!

Comment

looking good mate!
                      Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Late post but, finally maidened her weekend before last. It flies, but I'd say it's really twitchy, and really will need a seasoned pilot to do it real justice. Can't say my reaction time or feel is current enough either (potential over steer). Had 2 flights; first had a little cart wheel and survived; second went in hard on the nose. Both flights show that it does stay in the air. Second flight was a little fast for me to figure why it dove. Motor (bent shaft and impact has caused friction on the rotation) is a write off but all else can be restored. Will KIV this for the moment and come back to it at a later time.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120926-00349.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	972346

Have a P-51D Mustang. Not sure if I'll bother trying the conversion. Was really easy to build up.

Comment

David,

Amazing what the latest 3 Axis gyro can do. A friend now flies with one and swears that it removes all the bumps caused by wind. His smallish airplane now flies like as though its a bigger one.

Good job. I often thought of doing something like this but alas...I am getting too lazy

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami33 View Post
                            Will have to go visit my good friend at the Alexandria Road motorcycle area to get the decals customized.
                            Get decal sheets from Bells Decals and make your own waterslide decals using your inkject or laser printer. They are virtually weightless and you won't get the edge that one gets with vinyl decals. FYI.

Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Yeap Chin Poh View Post
                              David,

Amazing what the latest 3 Axis gyro can do. A friend now flies with one and swears that it removes all the bumps caused by wind. His smallish airplane now flies like as though its a bigger one.

Good job. I often thought of doing something like this but alas...I am getting too lazy

Regards
                              I still like your Hurricane! Guess we're having to move to the smaller planes for the moment.

Would've loved to customize another plan but really need to get more planes thru the process.
                              Got a small Alien Aircraft PT-17 Stearman or OK Models J-3 Cub laser cut kit next.

Tony - waiting on your Cub to finish. Thanks for the decal tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami33 View Post

Tony - waiting on your Cub to finish. Thanks for the decal tip.

I'm kinda caught in a doldrums and now have several models in need of completion. The latest being an 80% built control line Nobler. Will have to see how things go before I get back to the Cub, which has been gathering dust for a while now. [sigh]

Confucius

Comment

Working...
                                X