Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build log for OK Models .10 Extra on Fiberglass (Red Bull color scheme)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build log for OK Models .10 Extra on Fiberglass (Red Bull color scheme)

Just some postings of the completed build of the plane.

This was built in between the labourious sanding stage for the MK Joker. And was finished before the Joker.

Build of the fuse and wing was a matter of days thanks to the accuracy of OK Models kit design.

Here's the start of the fiberglassing process thru painting only:

Primer on and sanding:

Comment

Attaching the pictures helps:

Comment

A few more prior to the base coat:

Comment

Base coats on fairly easily given the size and the 1st attempt at decals... pays to know who can do this right for you:

Comment

Here's the example of the decal without a white background. This too wasn't waterproof:

Comment

Thanks to a friend who recommended a motorcycle shop in Alexandria Road:

Comment

And finally with all the controls and engine re-installed:

Comment

Sweet... Would love to see this baby fly through pylons and stuff...
                  Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks of captivity, they can train humans to stand at the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Comment

Dave,

I built one of these, modified for electric power with 3S lipos. Flew very well. You will like it. I lost it because of a faulty transmitter. You will like the flying characteristics. I've built several of models in this series - the Sukhoi and the Cap and they were all great flyers. Only improvement I took a mental note off was that if I were to ever build them again (I still have several in my kit collection), I'd be more aggressive with the lightening holes and perhaps replace some of the ply parts with hard balsa. The Sukhoi was somewhat snappy ie. it liked to snap a littel too easily. Don't know if the long heavy nose had anything to do with it.
                    To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Was inspired on this when I saw a Japanese guy in KL build a Cap ages ago. Didn't see if fly. Am afraid this size is twitchy / snappy. And.... with the fiberglass, am worried about the weight.

Anyhow, am too chicken to fly it. Maybe when I'm more confident. For now, SHS has given me the honor of having it on display at the shop.

Dave

Comment

And she should be displayed. A very nicely built and finished model.

Confucius

Comment

I've seen it at the shop! Lovely made.
                          Controller: Spektrum DX6i
                          Fix Wing: 3DHS Edge 540 41", World Models Zero Fighter EP.
                          Rotary Wing: Align Trex450 Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami33 View Post
                            Am afraid this size is twitchy / snappy. And.... with the fiberglass, am worried about the weight.
                            What was the All Up Weight (AUP)? My Sukhoi and Cap came out at something like 18-19 oz or thereabouts if I remember correctly. They were both covered in transparent lite film covering.The Sukhoi was snappy but not the Extra. I think that the long heavy cowl up front on the Sukhoi maybe had something to do with it.

Confucius

Comment

Honestly didn't weigh the fella. Tom didn't seem to think it was overweight. Especially with a .15 engine on it. Then again, it's still a virgin.

Comment

Working...
                              X