Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge 540 Bad Habits..!

Anybody ..can share the bad habit for the edge 540 ..since no one is interedted...i'm hooking it up for my pleasure flight....

To Buy Lists

a) RX Crytal 29.800 Futaba
    ---------------------------------
    Spacewalker

Nice plane, can share with us more pictures?

Jameswilliam.

Comment

Had a OS90-sized 72" wingspan Edge 540 2 years ago, sold already, flies ok, but can snap to one side when you dive with power and pulling up suddenly, watch it's stall speed too, this bird will want to just drop left wing suddenly (Tip stall) if you fly too close to it's stall speed, erm... it's stall speed is also not very slow, all in all, you can get your hands full flying this bird, best of luck

Comment

This one from jethobby? like the plug-in wing design, flown it b4 with a saito 70, fast great aerobatics, ez too land. Fuse is a bit weak cos of the very thin ply, so check for cracks if u happen to land hard.

Now fly this Edge 540 powered with OS91FX, love it....once stabilizer+elevator broke of after a snap, nose dive into bush, nothing else was demaged...unbelievable! I reinforced the fin/stabilizer with bracket and go flying again....5 years old now, still flying....

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
        (

Comment

Nice stuka ..thanks..i still could rember the ground where yr plane is..Tampines Bike trail....

what do u this i want to try to add flaperon mix to this bird does flap makes the landing more beautiful.....
          To Buy Lists

Spacewalker

Comment

Originally posted by jameswilliam
            Nice plane, can share with us more pictures?

Jameswilliam.
            will come out with the pics later...as its still in the hanger for some minor adjustment before the maiden...

For more info about the plane Visit :

More info about the plane
            To Buy Lists

Spacewalker

Comment

Originally posted by spacewalker
              Nice stuka ..thanks..i still could rember the ground where yr plane is..Tampines Bike trail....

what do u this i want to try to add flaperon mix to this bird does flap makes the landing more beautiful.....
              If the aileron is as long as the trailing edge of the wing then u can try flaperon. In theory, u can land with a slower speed with flaperons down, it's hard to tell whether it will be easier or nicer, it changes the stall characteristics and tends to lift the tail up, u will feel quite different during approach, if u can manage, it will b beautiful, otherwise it can be the ugliest. Because of the lifting effect on the tail, some planes esp warbirds tend to nose over.

If u r going to try, i suggest assign the flaperon throw to one of the knob and test the effects up high. U might also want to note the change in wind condition during appoarch, cos it will have a bigger effect if the flaperons r down.

U can do some aerobatics with flaperons down...like narrow tight loops, most of my planes r not suitable for flaperon (ailerons too short), the only time i use flaps (not flaperons) is when landing my P47...

For Sale

(

Comment

Hi, managed to find my Edge540 pic after a long search, can't remember which CD i burned in
                It's the same as Stuka's but i've re-done up the trim a little bit to resemble the ZIVKO Edge 540.
                I think it's the Vietnam-made ARF from Pheonix from S*S
                Powerplant: OS91FX c/w Bisson Pitts Muffler using 15"/16" APC prop, can't remember the prop size liao, so long ago
                It's more than sufficient with just 5% nitro fuel , but super drinker lah this engine!

Comment

...very nice covering job done here...very scale looking, now it has more class....

For Sale

(

Comment

Working...
                  X