Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BFU build thread: my first scratch build

hello everyone!

since i started flying planes i had so much fun and i decided to go ahead to try scratchbuilding one

my first one i already quite ambitious. its the BFU from RCgroups.

a easy build biplane!

here is what i did so far.

fuse cut out and glued halfway.

almost completed fuse

more to come!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

wings

elevator

fun!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Hi, your plane looks very neat. What material did you used ?

I bought some foam from Bras Besah Art Friends.. but they break very easily, so my plan to build one was halted.. got no confident in its structure.
      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
        Hi, your plane looks very neat. What material did you used ?

I bought some foam from Bras Besah Art Friends.. but they break very easily, so my plan to build one was halted.. got no confident in its structure.
        i bought from art friends also. i got this like 5mm thick foam... looks abit fragile also. but i dun really care lah. if break just rebuild lor. the fuse builds up quite strong cause its like a box. i am more worried about the wings. the main concern really is whether the wings can tahan or not. i am using carbon rod spars through the whole length

i am going to use the hard blue foam for reinforcing the bottom of the fuse. and some plywood for the firewall and landing gear.

cheers!

Comment

I think I got the similar foam as yours. About 5~6mm thick.

basically the foam is rather brittle and I have problem with the wings too. It will twist with one carbon rod. You may need to look into this issue.. you may need to sandwich additional flat carbon sticks at weaker areas to prevent wings from twisting / vibrating at higher speed.

My built fuselage is also very strong like a box and I line it with carbon rod along its length.

Comment

update

Fuse with complete elevators

COMPLETED!!

now to buy the electronics...

Comment

is this a sport biplane? it looks damn gd!

Comment

Nicely built...

Airplane:
                GWS Zero Fighter (retired)
                Phoenix .40 Classic Trainer (crashed)
                Phoenix .40 Laser (retired)
                GWS Estarter (building)

Helicopter:
                Hirobo Sceadu Evo 50 w/ .30 engine (retired)
                Trex 450XL CDE (retired)

Its not the takeoff and flying, its the landing and repairing, so that you can takeoff and fly again...

Comment

Win already... Very beautiful.

I love the struts at the fuselage connecting to the top wing.

However did you ever consider sand-papering the outer struts to a tear drop shaped profile instead of leaving it blocky ? Just a suggestion. It looks rather thick in profile..

Comment

Working...
                  X