Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmitter mode

xhaohao figured singapore sells mostly mode 1 Tx for planes but it seems mode 1 is for left handers.... just want ur opinion and not to provoke public outcry about wwat shit im posting
    I love my guitarS

mode 1's for left handers???where did you get that statment from???

Most people in sg flies mode 1...and in order to be able to get help when new...most of us chose to fly mode 1 too....

It's just preference....for helis...some people say mode 1 cannot do some moves...but I think I have seen some pretty impressive flying from yc86....who is mode 1....

who says mode 1 cannot piro flip?!
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

My words exactly.

Who told you mode one was for left handers? It's like saying cars in America are for left handers since their steering wheels are on the left.

Comment

Mode 4 for left handed..... ngek ngek

Actually no la... no such thing as specific handed control modes wan. If I knew how mode 1 was when I started, I would have used it instead... But now jammed in mode 4 forever!!!
        F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
        F5D Stratair Demon
        F5D Jibe
        Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
        Voodoo S400
        Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
        La Racer 56

Comment

Why don't you ask full-size pilots whether there are such thing like left or right hander configurations for cockpit controls.

Comment

The airbus planes uses joystick controls. The captain uses his left hand to fly while the co-pilot uses his right hand.

I fly with my left hand while my instructor flies with his right hand because the throttle is between the two control yoke.
            F5D Stratair Demon
            F5D Jibe
            Voodoo S400
            La Racer 56

Comment

So you mean that you must be a left hander to be the Captain and right hander can only be the FO?

Comment

Old 2Ch Stick Tx

I remember when I first started RC car using Futaba 2ch Stick Tx, the Throttle was on the left, so it was Mode 2.

Unfortunately, when I started to fly plane, I switched to Mode1 as my instructor was on mode1.

If you notice during hand launch of a power plane. If the flyer uses his right hand to launch and left hand to hold the Tx, obviously mode 2 will be able increase throttle. Mode 1 flyer will use their mouth or lip to increase throttle. I am joking go and observe.

So if I ask you to hand launch my plane, which hand will you use?
                If you are comfortable with your right hand, get Mode 2
                If you are comfortable with your left hand, get Mode 1

Thanks
                2.4G

Comment

It boils down to personal preference...

Comment

The differences between mode 1 and 2 are not because of left or right hander. It all came from how the transmitter was developed.

In the early years or R/C, it started with only single channel, which is only used for rudder or ailerons. When they developed the 2nd channel, some manufactures uses 2 seperate sticks so that it can be used on both airplane and surface models, thus the mode 1 is developed.

As time goes by, some people prefer to have the controls for thier model airplanes similar to the full-size version, and developed the single stick, dual channels transmitter uses dual gimbals in a single assembly, thus the mode 2 is developed as well. When they added the 3rd channel later, some manufacturer added a sort of throttle lever on top of the transmitter instead of another stick on the left.

Personally, I never come across a 3 channel radio in mode 1 so far. Maybe there is, but maybe by then, the manufacturers decided to go for 4 channels instead with 2 duo channel sticks.

Hope these helps a little.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanus
                      So you mean that you must be a left hander to be the Captain and right hander can only be the FO?

No not really... Just got to get used to whatever hand the pilot is supposed to use.
                      F5D Stratair Demon
                      F5D Jibe
                      Voodoo S400
                      La Racer 56

Comment

I fully agree with AceViperX, just launch the plane into the air and fly em happily. period

Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

it's like driving ma... left hand can turn steering wheel.. right hand also can.. so long as the brain instruct the correct hand to turn correct direction can liao..

actually... mode 2's logic of grouping the cyclics all together 'like the real thing' is not really true.. cos there is a different mode of thinking altogether.. the plane i flew was a joystick type control using right hand.. and i never mixed up the controls b4.. kinda different cos using both hands and legs too..

oh edit:.. using different hand's not the problem.. its the perspective that changes.. so have to go through some conversion course to be qualified to fly in the opposite side.....
                          -* Project Swift *-

Comment

It is based on the full-size controls. Only there are no rudder pedals for the feet. So they put it on the left stick, which is used least often. Other than modern Airbus jetliners, which the French are always want to do something different from the rest, most conventional airplane control uses a single joystick for the ail/elev controls. Throttle lever is usually on the left. Rudder control is the only deviation, unless you want to be the first to come out with a tranmitter design with foot pedals.

Comment

Mode 2 is a bit easier for hand launching ie. no need to use mouth to throttle up and at the same time preventing the plane from flying off your hands while eyes are taken off the plane and your lips are still clamped to the throttle stick at full throttle.
                              To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X