Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperGee Clone DLG build (pictorial)

Just wanted a challenge building something different, so I helped a buddy here build the SuperGee Clone .

After attaching the vert stab, it's time to ensure the main wing's tips are equidistant to the vert stab.

Here's some pics:

Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Then i proceeded to prepare the carbon hard points for the wings. I taped up the wing saddle area so that the excess epoxy will not stick the wings permanently to the fuse. And after all is set and done, sanded down the excess carbon to follow the curvature of the wing.

... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

Inside the fusepod are balsa supports for the tail surfaces' pushrods to minimise slop. The SG will be powered by 2 x photo lithium batts.

sigpic

Comment

For the SG, the ailerons servos are in the wings. So much easier to rig then the P2. Only downside, it may affect the tip inertia bit. Also a pic of the vert stab pylon further held down by some FG cloth.

Everything done, the CG is around 88-90mm, that's a bit further back than the recommended CG. Usually, the recommended CG is far too conservative anyways so I'm not worried.

Next up maiden.

sigpic

Comment

OOoohhh.. pink.. U're gonna twirl that thing in a skirt?
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Nice

Full CF?
            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

That was a very fast build, I'm still struggling with my QFII

Comment

Hello,

To Nixaad: No comment

To Vin: The fuse pod and boom are carbon. Real cool stuff.

To MSC: I didn't build the whole kit from ground up. Most of the main theings were done up. I just took care of the small nitty griity stuff. I love the wing shape on this plane. Alas it's not mine.

Cheers,
                Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
                  To MSC: I didn't build the whole kit from ground up. Most of the main theings were done up. I just took care of the small nitty griity stuff. I love the wing shape on this plane. Alas it's not mine.

Cheers,
                  Adnan
                  Whoa, Adnan, you building DLGs for others now? I do like the detailed way you built yo' Binary in the build thread.
                  "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

For me, I just wanted to try building something different. When the building stops, the buying starts. So i guess it was mutually beneficial for both parties.

Furthermore, it was already half way built, it's such a waste if a pretty aircraft is languishing in the storeroom. And now we have one more DLG flyer.

Cheers,
                    Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
                      For me, I just wanted to try building something different. When the building stops, the buying starts. So i guess it was mutually beneficial for both parties.

Furthermore, it was already half way built, it's such a waste if a pretty aircraft is languishing in the storeroom. And now we have one more DLG flyer.

Cheers,
                      Adnan
                      Impressed! It's a supergee! AG foils, bagged pinky foam and full carbon fuse!

The thing with this hobby is that the more stuff you have, the more stuff you want. No, no DLGs for me.
                      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

blades will be less painful.

=)

Comment

Working...
                        X