Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from helis to planes...

Hello

just stating a personal experience here..

i have been flying helis for abt 2 years and recently had a string of bad incidents with my helis. decided to take it easy with them for a while and i went ahead to build up my e-starter which i had for about a year but nv finished..

omg.. this 2 weeks have been a blast. i nv thought i would have so much fun with a $30 piece of foam!!! i would go as far as to say its almost as fun as my 1k heli! hahahahaha...

its so much more relaxing to fly.. very shiok after a day of work.

now poison by all these foamies.. i am glad i gave it a shot.

now.. a noob question.. do airplanes need to use rudder to turn like heli?

i am using rudder to turn and my airplane flying mate say usually dun need. so what is right?

cheerios!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

There are planes that don’t have rudder control, like wings, rc kite, pylon, hot liner. How do they turn?

Rudder will be useful when landing, can keep the plane in line for the approach.
    Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Yo,

flying plane now ah? never jio!

yap some planes are very relaxing, you shld try gliders lagi more relaxing, just ask vin.

ok, for airplanes, rudder is acutally very useful. when you turn with rudder and hold the rudder during the turn, the plane will maintain the turn better and prevent your plane from sidesliping.

You can still turn just using the aileron n elev, especially for mode 2, its easy all on one stick. but better to use the rudder and turn like how u turn heli, hold and maintain rudder.

like what vin say rudder important in landing where u do small corrections to counter any cross winds. also if you move on to 3D planes in the future, rudder is impt to carry out many of the maneuvers . So learn to use it more will help you in the future.
      what's next?

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
        Hello

just stating a personal experience here..

i have been flying helis for abt 2 years and recently had a string of bad incidents with my helis. decided to take it easy with them for a while and i went ahead to build up my e-starter which i had for about a year but nv finished..

omg.. this 2 weeks have been a blast. i nv thought i would have so much fun with a $30 piece of foam!!! i would go as far as to say its almost as fun as my 1k heli! hahahahaha...

its so much more relaxing to fly.. very shiok after a day of work.

now poison by all these foamies.. i am glad i gave it a shot.

now.. a noob question.. do airplanes need to use rudder to turn like heli?

i am using rudder to turn and my airplane flying mate say usually dun need. so what is right?

cheerios!
        Flying heli for 3 over year and suddenly got posion by Serpent into glider.Never regret going into it.Very relaxing and can catch termal and fly together with eagle.It does not take me long to master it as I had fly heli before and coaching from Serpent and Vincopter.I normally use my rudder and aleron to turn as it help to keep the shink rate low and for landing.
        Heli

Align Trex 600N (Nitro ) Full Bling Gyro GY611. Governor
        TJ Rev Max
        Mini Titan SE
        DJI Phantom Quad

Glider EP

TT Soaring Star (2M) Glider
        Reichard Baracuda (3M) Glider
        Mulitplex Easy Glider 4

Car
        Kyosho 1/10 pitwork nitro car
        Baja 5B SS 26cc gas engine with tune pipe

Nitro Plane

Sportman Aviation 50

Gas Plane Hokusei 300L 30cc Gas Plane
        Goldwing Edge 540 50cc Gas Plane
        Blackhorse Splitfire 120 size with DLE 20cc gas engine.
        Sebart sukoi 30cc gas plane
        Hokusai 30cc gas plane

Kyosho 40 size Splitfire Os 56size 4 stroke plane.
        Hyperion Telios 90 Electric plane.
        JR9XII 72.XXX MHZ
        JR XG 14 DMSS
        Futaba 14 MZ sigpic

Comment

cheerios!
          Depending on what planes

Comment

My Multiplex EasyStar, don't have aileron and uses the rudder to bank and turn.

Some plane design responds to rudder, some don't even work at all.
            I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Long time never see you liao...so you have been crashing too??

From what I remember, my estarter rudder not very powerful and a bit loose with some slop. Most of the time I only use aileron and elevator to turn and it flew fine till I landed on a tree one day.

Foam planes are amazing and after a while you find yourself paying $100+ for few pieces of foam...and that is when you should start to considering a nitro BALSA.

For now, you should stop worrying about using rudder to turn or not. As long as the plane goes up and come down in one piece under control...then you should start looking at a FORMOSA...that is when the REAL FUN BEGINS.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                Foam planes are amazing and after a while you find yourself paying $100+ for few pieces of foam...and that is when you should start to considering a nitro BALSA.
                Please give some insights about balsas... love the finess but worried if I crashed like a foam, it will shatter like egg shells..

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                  Long time never see you liao...so you have been crashing too??

From what I remember, my estarter rudder not very powerful and a bit loose with some slop. Most of the time I only use aileron and elevator to turn and it flew fine till I landed on a tree one day.

For now, you should stop worrying about using rudder to turn or not. As long as the plane goes up and come down in one piece under control...then you should start looking at a FORMOSA...that is when the REAL FUN BEGINS.
                  ya.. crash my protos, crash my rjx, crash my 250. LOL. nv even repair my protos... at least my RJX now back up but taking it easy lah.

i just painted my estarter to a more visible paint scheme. later i put online. anw i am thinking of scratch building my next plane.. mosty likely a simple profile plane. i think Art friends got sell suitable foam and balsa material. hoho..

fun fun fun!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
                    Please give some insights about balsas... love the finess but worried if I crashed like a foam, it will shatter like egg shells..
                    Not sure about crashing, coz never crashed a balsa before. Only the skin tear here and there. Balsa also got different grade, some more brittle, some stronger. One thing for certain is, the bigger the plane, the lower the chance of crashing because it is alot more stable, a lot more visible, a lot less prone to stall and a lot easier to recover. Maybe also more scare.

sigpic

Comment

ya.. crash my protos, crash my rjx, crash my 250. LOL. nv even repair my protos... at least my RJX now back up but taking it easy lah.

i just painted my estarter to a more visible paint scheme. later i put online. anw i am thinking of scratch building my next plane.. mosty likely a simple profile plane. i think Art friends got sell suitable foam and balsa material. hoho..

fun fun fun!
                      Don't make it too heavy. Heavy hard to fly. Can try wrapping clear tape around the fuselage area, especially the tail as that area tends to break on slight impact.

Scratch build not easy. I bought foam for scratch build also, but almost 4 years liao still sitting in my storeroom.

You will need to buy the UHU por glue also at artfriend also. It is the green one, not the yellow normal UHU.

sigpic

Comment

fun fun fun!
                        Seems like alot of beginner and intermediate flyers still coming back to a high wing cessna / estarter. Should consider starting a thread on estarter / cessna for discussion and put lots of improvement, Do's and don'ts, spec and electronic recommendation such as motor and props etc that is specific to such planes. Newbies will be glad to know that all their wanted information is available in one thread rather than asking around..

Comment

Working...
                        X