Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Jethobby ME109

H bros, after many months, finally assembled the ME109. But manual did not indicate the centre of gravity and throws setting. This is my 1st warbird that i assembled. Dont want to crash it on maiden. GWS Zero still waiting to be flown after reading reviews that adjustment need to be made first while corsair still NIB. I intend to handlaunch it. No runway on the field in front of my house. For powerplant I will be using a turnigy TR 35-36A 1450kv Brushless Outrunner.

Any Jethobby ME109 owners or warbird flyers , please help. Any advices also welcome. Thanks in advance.

Bro..

The CG of this warbird is about 1/3 of the wing, to play safe, try to fly it a little nose heavy(+ few mm forward), nose heavy can trim the elevator and can still fly, tail heavy... die

Comment

Grab some old tyre balancing lead weights from garage or tyre shops along the way when you are driving. Ask some old ones from the shop, they willing to give you if you ask them nicely.

Stick 1 or 2 pieces with tapes onto the nose cowling and then fly it. 1 piece is exactly 5 grams. That way is a very convenient method of checking CG during flight and then you can easily remove them.

I use this method to fine tune my estarter CG. I add or remove until I am satisfied with the CG. Then once confirmed, you can take your time at home to stick them in some inconsipicuous location with epoxies.
      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Hi,

flown this bird. CG is at the wing spar.

I think your ME109 is over powered and with that kind of motor , you will be too nose heavy.

Flies better light, and will recommend you use something like a 200 W motor instead and that will be more compatiable to 1300mah 3S battery. Too much power, this bird will be a bit hard to control.

Last tip, remember, when turning a corner , to turn slowly with at least half throttle. Otherwise, high chance of ending in a high speed stall which is difficult to recover even with sufficient height. Land with at least 1/4 power as well.

Comment

CG = 70~80mm from leading edge near fuselage.
          Aileron = +/- 10mm
          Elevator = +/-5mm
          Rudder = +/-20mm

Should not hold up too much during landing because it stalls easily.

Comment

Need Help Jethobby ME109

Thanks wireless, blueangel, chessgame and leo for the advices. I'm still learning. Just to clarify if 1/3 of wing is 1/3 of the full width (in yellow) rite. Wing spar is the carbon rod (in red). I attach pics for clarity. Before maiden already got battlescars due to assembly and firewall mod. Would a silver axi 2212/26 good enough for this bird? Any motor recommendations?

Comment

Bro, I think the wide turn radius means you cannot maiden at the normal place. Can try at the Northlink or the mosque side. I can try to get my small RareBear ready too. Looking forward to the maiden.

Comment

rba flying in sembawang area?I am one and own a F-15
                Plane 1:
                FreeWing F-15
                Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
                GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
                Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

Originally posted by rba View Post
                  Thanks wireless, blueangel, chessgame and leo for the advices. I'm still learning. Just to clarify if 1/3 of wing is 1/3 of the full width (in yellow) rite. Wing spar is the carbon rod (in red). I attach pics for clarity. Before maiden already got battlescars due to assembly and firewall mod. Would a silver axi 2212/26 good enough for this bird? Any motor recommendations?
                  This is the motor I use, it fly well with 3s1p/ Prop 7x4

The CG that I told you is near the spar.

What is the location at Sembawang and time? I would like to join.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post

I will be maidening my F15 tmr at 11am.The field near the mosque.Anything can sms me @93831360
                    Plane 1:
                    FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Jiez,

Ziggy and me usually fly at the field at sembawang crescent opposite Blk 338.

Our 'runway' is currently under construction at the present moment.

Dunno whether want to maiden ME109 tmr. no other available motor except the silver AXI size 22 motor. Tempted to use the installed overpower motor but worry about the consequences. lemme tink.....wan to fly but dun wan to crash...

Leo tx for the advices on the cg and throws setting.

Comment

Oh.But that is super near airbase.
                        Plane 1:
                        FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post

My prop size should be 7x5

Comment

My ME109 is ready too. But it is from GWS.

I am using 1300 mAh battery on 1200Kv motor with a 7X4 prop. Overall weight is 400 gram as weighed on scale.

Going to maiden this saturday.
                            I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Me109 Epo

The JH 109s are very tail heavy.. i run mine with a KDS1380KV and a 2200mah batts.. Best Prop so far is the White Aeronaut Glass 8x5.5..

Nudge
                              In The Hangar
                              BH - SU26M - OS Powered
                              BH - Edge 540 V3 50cc
                              In The Dock
                              Carbonic Boats - Light Ice IOM - Wind Powered
                              In The Garage
                              JQ The Car Yellow Edition - Novarossi

FLY IT, SAIL IT AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Comment

Working...
                              X