Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Li-Polymer battery

Newbie here guys. I'm not sure on Li-Polymer battery.

1) What does "15C cont/ 24C burst (31.5A/50A)" means?

2) What's the best practice to keep the Li-Polymer battery at its best condition? Charging, discharging, balance etc.

Need assistance guys. Thanks.

ps: crashed my 1st e-starter during its maiden flight last monday (SERIOUS NOSE DIVE) n got a replacement right after the crash. she flew less than a min. it was a lesson learned. will get back up asap!

Why nose dive ? Lost orientation ?

15 times of rated capacity.

1000 mAh 15C = 15 Amps continuous.

Then check spec of motor.. does it draw less than 15 amps. If it is lesser, then the battery can survive lah..

This is what I know in simple sense.. more detail ones let expert share..
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

if you are financially well off, get LiFeO instead. Fast charge and stable. Expensive.

if you using normal Lipos, read up on battery safety, use a balance charger, don't overcharge, don't over discharge.

you can find videos on Youtube on what happens if a lipo gets punctured. Not a pretty sight. It can combusts in normal air
      Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
      Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by porksoda View Post
        Newbie here guys. I'm not sure on Li-Polymer battery.

1) What does "15C cont/ 24C burst (31.5A/50A)" means?

2) What's the best practice to keep the Li-Polymer battery at its best condition? Charging, discharging, balance etc.

Need assistance guys. Thanks.

ps: crashed my 1st e-starter during its maiden flight last monday (SERIOUS NOSE DIVE) n got a replacement right after the crash. she flew less than a min. it was a lesson learned. will get back up asap!
        Dude are you flying by yourself alone or is somene with some experience with you?
        In The Hangar
        BH - SU26M - OS Powered
        BH - Edge 540 V3 50cc
        In The Dock
        Carbonic Boats - Light Ice IOM - Wind Powered
        In The Garage
        JQ The Car Yellow Edition - Novarossi

FLY IT, SAIL IT AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Comment

Recently alot of reported plane crashes in Singapore already.. ( RC lah )

Please do have someone to guide you through your FIRST flight. It looks easy but it is not.. especially when your plane is upside down or nose down.

Please don't add more biologically unrecycleable foams to the field
          I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

[QUOTE=porksoda;405701]
            QUOTE]

Use a wattmeter to measure the current draw at full throttle.

Never operate at a current over the C rating of the battery or the life will be shortened. When you see your Lipo very bloated, then you know it is the end of its life.

Don't charge more than 1C. Don't discharge more than the C rating.
            If not in use for long time, keep the batt at "storage charge" level. Some charges have that function.

Comment

Working...
            X