Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msc View Post
    Yes, mine is FR4, definitely not wood. I epoxied the 2 halves together.
    sorry to give the wrong info... mine also no wood... went to double check again... ya its like fiber glass... ps ps

Comment

Originally posted by vr2004 View Post
      sorry to give the wrong info... mine also no wood... went to double check again... ya its like fiber glass... ps ps
      Even with epoxy and that FRP joiner, I've seen a few of them fold in a high speed dive.

I'm gonna epoxy that wing together and then reinforce the joint with medium weight Fiberglass !
      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
        Even with epoxy and that FRP joiner, I've seen a few of them fold in a high speed dive.

I'm gonna epoxy that wing together and then reinforce the joint with medium weight Fiberglass !
        haha.... ya lor!!! i think the wing super fragile lei!! super heavy n the reinforcement sux! high spd turn sure gone case. or maybe u shud use CF to reinforce?

Comment

btw can use 2.4ghz rite? even if the fuselage is fiberglass??

Comment

?? Bro, may I ask what 2.4G got to do with FG fuselage?

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
              ?? Bro, may I ask what 2.4G got to do with FG fuselage?
              i read somewhere that FG n CF will absorb radio waves thus causing glitches n lesser signal.

Comment

i read somewhere that FG n CF will absorb radio waves thus causing glitches n lesser signal.
                not with FG that i know.

Comment

Far as I know, FG is alrite with 2.4g but CF is a big headache ...you need 2.4g Rx with lengthen antennas that sticks out of the CF fuse by an inch.

Seems the CF material will block the 2.4g signal.

Comment

Far as I know, FG is alrite with 2.4g but CF is a big headache ...you need 2.4g Rx with lengthen antennas that sticks out of the CF fuse by an inch.

Seems the CF material will block the 2.4g signal.
                    ya man... so the extended wire can solder ourself rite? juz open up the rx n change the wire?

Comment

ya man... so the extended wire can solder ourself rite? juz open up the rx n change the wire?
                      ???

2.4g Rx antenna ...I think you better not try to 'extend' or modify them !!! they are co-axial type and very easy to mess up !

What I meant was that you can buy the Rx with either 'long' or 'short' antenna.

Comment

???

2.4g Rx antenna ...I think you better not try to 'extend' or modify them !!! they are co-axial type and very easy to mess up !

What I meant was that you can buy the Rx with either 'long' or 'short' antenna.
                        haha... ok... then if antena suddenly broke due to crash how??? receiver can't be use anymore?

Comment

haha... ok... then if antena suddenly broke due to crash how??? receiver can't be use anymore?
                          sorry, r u refering to 2.4 antenna or normal FM receiver's antenna?

Comment

You must be very skillfull and 'lucky' if you can somehow manage to break that 1" of coaxial 2.4g antenna wire !

Comment

If break then solder back. Typically breaks in 2.4 ghz antenna is not because of crash but because of rough handling of rx when replacing battery, etc.

I broke a few already but solder back...if you can find the wire. This is more prevalent in 2.4 full range receiver or futaba ones.

For radio.... also can try to solder back if else just buy a new antenna wire.
                              "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Note that for my previous post it only applies to AR6000 which is rarely sold now adays. for AR6100s, it is really rare to break the antenna. For 6200s, try it at your own risk.

But since 2.4 antenna so short, it's really unlikely to break, unlike FM ones. I chopped up my FM antenna while doing motor test, lol.
                                "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Working...
                                X