Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiver antenna cut off

My futaba receiver (72mhz) antenna was shorten by about a quarter after being cut off by the prop. I test the control and everything is functioning properly. What I'm worried is will the shorten antenna reduce the range of my radio severly during flight. Should l ditch my receiver or keep on flying with the shorten antenna? Any advice from the radio guru will be much appreciated.

Originally posted by LH59 View Post
    My futaba receiver (72mhz) antenna was shorten by about a quarter after being cut off by the prop. I test the control and everything is functioning properly. What I'm worried is will the shorten antenna reduce the range of my radio severly during flight. Should l ditch my receiver or keep on flying with the shorten antenna? Any advice from the radio guru will be much appreciated.
    advisable to fly with the shorten antenna. Best is to replace with a new antenna

Comment

hmmm

replace the antenna. if got more budget, changed a new rx for ease of mind hehehe dont ever try to fly with the shorten antenna...

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
      sigpic

Comment

Just replace the antenna, dont throw away!

Comment

No need to ditch the reciever at all. If you can retrieve the broken part of the antenna, just resolder it back. If not, simple replace the whole length of antenna.

For some of my scale planes, I cut it off at about 1" away from the receiver and soldered a set of connector to the ends. The antenna wire is installed and hidden within the fuselage and vertical fin permanently during the construction. During radio installation, I just plug the antenna back to the receiver and so far it works without any hitch. Do a range test for sure though.

For this case, if I ever need to use the reciever on another model, I simply buy another piece of antenna wire for the other model.

Comment

Big thank you to all the radio gurus! I think I'll solder the rest of the antenna back and use a heat shrink to secure it just in case. Will be doing a range check as well to avoid the heart sinking feeling of losing an airplane

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
              No need to ditch the reciever at all. If you can retrieve the broken part of the antenna, just resolder it back. If not, simple replace the whole length of antenna.

For some of my scale planes, I cut it off at about 1" away from the receiver and soldered a set of connector to the ends. The antenna wire is installed and hidden within the fuselage and vertical fin permanently during the construction. During radio installation, I just plug the antenna back to the receiver and so far it works without any hitch. Do a range test for sure though.

For this case, if I ever need to use the reciever on another model, I simply buy another piece of antenna wire for the other model.
              I had my antenna wire broekn off and I soldered it back together and put a heat shrink. Works as new. It is just a wire I guess.

Comment

SHS sells Futaba 72mhz antenna for less den 2 buckx. Just solder it back on.
                sigpic
                FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Working...
                X