Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish to gather comments on what plane next

What are the difference in flight and handling between these mid-mounted-wing planes, or what would you recommend ?

1. Supersonic F3A ARF
    Wing Span: 900mm ( 35.4in)
    Ready to Fly Weight: 400-600g

2. Formosa II
    Wing Span : 1080 mm (42.5 in)
    Flying Weight : 720 g (25.4 oz)

What about alternatives such as :

3. ParkZone T-28 Trojan
    Wing Span: 1118mm ( 44 in )
    Flying Weight: 875 g ( 30 oz )
    Hobby Zone carries a wide selection of the best radio control brands and hobby products - including airplanes, cars and trucks. Shop online and save!

4. Multiplex Acromaster
    Wing Span: 900mm ( 35.4in)
    Ready to Fly Weight: 400-600g

Saving up for anyone of the above..

Any comments on the plane, good or bad welcome. My criteria in finalizing these planes are mainly :

(a) They are foamies.
    (b) They are about 1 meter wing span
    (c) They are close to true scale, sort of, not like the 3D planes which had skeletor-shaped fuselage.

Other criteria I can't think of, now only gut feeling and also watching too much youtube clips on these planes...
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Actually it all depends on what you're looking for in flying. Pattern, 3D, leisure flying? But if it was me i would take the Multiplex Acromaster without question. First of all because it's a 3D plane. The build quality is needless to say because it is a multiplex. It's easy to build, everything just go together. Flight characteristic for 3D and normal aerobatic is fantastic. The only drawback is the price but given its quality and characteristic i would say its worth it.

Having only flown the Formosa II before, i would say the the acromaster win hands down.

Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
    Tarot 450SE V2

Comment

how bout the mentor from RTR? ( im asking , not suggesting )

Comment

All suggestions welcome, this is a discussion forum anyway

Mentor, any links to this plane you mentioned ?

I only see Mentor from Multiplex, which is a high wing. I'd like something mid-wing. My current plane already a high wing.

The other Mentor is a fiber / balsa. I afraid of breaking things..

As for Acromaster, seems like a very good choice but you notice I put that as my latter choices ( alternatives ) because of the pricing.... too steep.

Comment

Thanks for all your feedback.
          Case closed.
          Warui Warui Warui

Comment

This one?

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo View Post
              This one?
              You plane very nice.. but not same not same

This one...

Got some question here ... anyone built this before can help me in the building ..

QNS : Do I need to cut the wooden motor mount if my motor protrudes out from the cowling ? I had a aluminium motor mount that slot into the wood. After mounting the outrunner to the aluminium motor mount, the outrunner motor exposed 1/2 of its body outside the cowling. I should saw off the wood to shorten it so that the whole motor sits fully inside the cowling and the props will be almost flushed with the edge of the cowling ?

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post

This one...

Got some question here ... anyone built this before can help me in the building ..

QNS : Do I need to cut the wooden motor mount if my motor protrudes out from the cowling ? I had a aluminium motor mount that slot into the wood. After mounting the outrunner to the aluminium motor mount, the outrunner motor exposed 1/2 of its body outside the cowling. I should saw off the wood to shorten it so that the whole motor sits fully inside the cowling and the props will be almost flushed with the edge of the cowling ?
                Yes u should, the motor should be almost touching the cowling, so that u got enough space for your prop. But have to be veri carefully that when spinning up, both the motor n the prop must not rub against the cowling

Comment

Haha ok.. I thought someone was asking about this T-34 Mentor..

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo View Post
                    Haha ok.. I thought someone was asking about this T-34 Mentor..
                    How it flies?From R*T*R?
                    Plane 1:
                    FreeWing F-15
                    Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
                    GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
                    Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

T-34 how much ?

Yes, how does it fly.. haven't seen one yet.. but looking at the picture already score points liaozz..

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                        Yes u should, the motor should be almost touching the cowling, so that u got enough space for your prop. But have to be veri carefully that when spinning up, both the motor n the prop must not rub against the cowling
                        OK thanks for the confirmation
                        I will saw off the extra length tonight.

Comment

Unless you intend to fly this plane without the landing gear, please remove the original landing gear and re-apply epoxy to the entire mounting because factory work sucks! Also, you may want to apply fiber tape on the leading edge of the wind, especially the wing tip area if you are landing on runway. As this will help you save your wing in the event of bad landing where the wing comes into contact with the ground.

It's a nice plane to fly and I believe you will like it.

This one...

If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

Haha I'm embarassed to say, I have too many plane to fly, this one hasn't seen the skies yet :P But it's all ready to go, just need to plug in battery. Think I paid around $120 or so for it, can't really remember already

In real life (not RC), this is a training plane - two seater. That's why it's called a Mentor I suppose haha.. Three-blade prop looks really nice right

Some more pics of the real deal

By the way the Supersonic is one fast and straight plane - if you like to get the most control out of your planes, this is great!

T-34 how much ?

Yes, how does it fly.. haven't seen one yet.. but looking at the picture already score points liaozz..

Comment

Originally posted by ehawk View Post
                              Unless you intend to fly this plane without the landing gear, please remove the original landing gear and re-apply epoxy to the entire mounting because factory work sucks! Also, you may want to apply fiber tape on the leading edge of the wind, especially the wing tip area if you are landing on runway. As this will help you save your wing in the event of bad landing where the wing comes into contact with the ground.

It's a nice plane to fly and I believe you will like it.
                              Yes I realize so too after examining the structure. I even tried dry fitting the landing gear to the plastic mounting under the wing, but it can't fit into it. A helpful guy gave me a lot of advise yesterday at the shop though.. he mentioned putting fiber at the bottom of the wing. I am thinking of inserting additional CF rod to reinforce the bottom, which I think is less messy and easier, cos I have zero experience with resin / epoxy / glassing techniques.

You reminded me of the wing tips.. ya.. I guess I need to do that.. no skills to land yet..

Thought of laying 2 hard stripes of plastics at the wing tip end to help landing.. aka bicyles with 2 trainer wheels at the side , or imagine a Harrier with 2 additional wheels at wing tips..

By the way, what is a fiber tape ? Where can I get them ? Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                              X