Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to join back for fiberglass if broken?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to join back for fiberglass if broken?

helo to all bros i need assistance on how to join back fiberglass if broken any one knows?where to buY the things to recover BACK?
    above all!!take over the sky!!

Yo Bro

DON't just view help me out here
    above all!!take over the sky!!

Comment

u bought a fiberglass plane?..

Originally posted by jasmen20 View Post
      helo to all bros i need assistance on how to join back fiberglass if broken any one knows?where to buY the things to recover BACK?

Comment

Hi,
        It would help if you could provide a picture of your damage. I have numerous repair on my fiberglass fuselage on a few of my planes.
        Depending on the damage to begin with, some repairs may not be very visible after the repair. This is because some patch ups can be done on the insides.
        Typically, you'll need:
        - Fiberglass cloth (get from SHS)
        - Slow cure epoxy
        - Carbon strips (from Jet)

MS

Originally posted by jasmen20 View Post

Comment

i do not know of any other ways to join fiber glass but epoxy.

however, it would be good if you could reinforce that area with fiberglass cloth (shs or ntc).

to make the fiberglass cloth "stick" to the weakened area, apply finishing resin (it is like a epoxy but a thinner version) to it and allow it to cure for 24 hours. do ensure that the cloth does not shift i this 24hours.

to apply you can use any paint brush and measuring cups can come in handy to measure accurate amounts of the liquids!

hope i was of help

Comment

Working...
          X