Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D or EDF?

I planning to get either 1 of them once i master my estarter,
    currently doing circles, some loops and inverted.
    wonder if ppl can post the pros n cons of both so i can consider? thanks

It depends on what you like to see or how you like to fly. If you like to do funny insane aerobatics and burn a hole in your pocket then go for 3d flying.
    If you like to zip around at crazy speeds, like the sound of a hair-dryer flying around and still like to burn a hole in your pocket, then go for EDF.
    Personally I prefer scale where you can appreciate the beauty of a real scale bird by flying low and admiring it as it fly past you. But I must admit I'd like to fly all sorts of styles be it 3D, Scale or EDF, wait I do not have any EDF but I would like to fly one nonetheless.
    Go back in one piece to fly another day.
    Having fun yet?
    36.39mhz
    40.77mhz

Comment

Hey

Flightsimmer..

its up to u on what u wanna fly.. if u wanna fly 3D.. u have to learn what 3D is first before embarking to the 3D world.. Once u go 3D.. there is no turning back. hehe.. just kidding.. and just because u have mastered ur Estarter, it doesnt mean dat u can fly watever plane u wan...

i think its best if u could get a supersonic , or equivalent to get use to the speed and how the plane react..imo, the gap between the estarter and an EDF or 3D plane is quite big.. if u wanna learn more.. just come down to any FF and ask around lah.. u 'll surely get alot of advices and suggestions or do a search for old posts here.. cmon.. do some research yarh..u will be surprised at what u can find here.. frankly speaking.. i think many have went thru wat u are experiencing now..
      When u fart, u never noe its a wet one until u see a skid mark on ur underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by NaimO View Post
        Flightsimmer..

its up to u on what u wanna fly.. if u wanna fly 3D.. u have to learn what 3D is first before embarking to the 3D world.. Once u go 3D.. there is no turning back. hehe.. just kidding.. and just because u have mastered ur Estarter, it doesnt mean dat u can fly watever plane u wan...

i think its best if u could get a supersonic , or equivalent to get use to the speed and how the plane react..imo, the gap between the estarter and an EDF or 3D plane is quite big.. if u wanna learn more.. just come down to any FF and ask around lah.. u 'll surely get alot of advices and suggestions or do a search for old posts here.. cmon.. do some research yarh..u will be surprised at what u can find here.. frankly speaking.. i think many have went thru wat u are experiencing now..
        Andrew, a bro here is selling his NIB supersonic, u may want to consider....... http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41929

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
          Andrew, a bro here is selling his NIB supersonic, u may want to consider....... http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41929
          I suggest you fly that Supersonic F3A.

3D planes and EDF are a totally different thing from an E-starter. If you would compare speed, EDF is way much faster than what you might be flying now. 3D planes are not easy to fly as well.

This simple F3A can do many stunts since its low wing and scale down of certain F3As. My club uses it. It a good next step after e-starter etc.

Cheers.
          sigpic

[Hangar] Multiplex Funjet

Comment

Originally posted by CroniC View Post
            I suggest you fly that Supersonic F3A.

3D planes and EDF are a totally different thing from an E-starter. If you would compare speed, EDF is way much faster than what you might be flying now. 3D planes are not easy to fly as well.

This simple F3A can do many stunts since its low wing and scale down of certain F3As. My club uses it. It a good next step after e-starter etc.

Cheers.
            Bro, OT abit, where to find the different types of 3D flying? Need some references to learn more 3D flying styles.

Btw nice pic u have in ur avatar, where do u get it? I would like to have it to convert my grey F-15E to F-15SG

Comment

All you need to noe about 3D flying.

Discussion of 3D electric RC Planes, including assembly, setup, power systems, and flying techniques

Comment

All you need to noe about 3D flying.

http://www.rcgroups.com/3d-flying-188/
                thanks bro

Comment

Originally posted by flightsimmer View Post
                  I planning to get either 1 of them once i master my estarter,
                  currently doing circles, some loops and inverted.
                  wonder if ppl can post the pros n cons of both so i can consider? thanks
                  Well I recommend you learn how to build planes - our younger members here like Jiez and Viper1990 have all scratched built planes before from foam and depron. It saves you a fair bit of money, and it gives you satisfaction and builds your self esteem and it forces you to develop your thinking skillz in building and flying.

From there, once you are able to scratch build, you can think about what kind of plane to fly. I would start with 3d though.

Don't you think it's cool, that people come up to you to ask you, 'where did you buy that plane?' and you reply 'I built it myself'.

Here's a 3d biplane that I've been thinking about building. You can check it out.
                  Build Log Infineon EPP Bipe - Free Plans, Build Guide and Video Foamies (Scratchbuilt)
                  "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Fly war bird then. Good looking and fun.

Comment

Hi flightsimmer,

As advised by some of the bros here, mastering e-starter doesn't mean you are ready to fly EDF or 3D plane. Not to discourage you, but trust me, it is totally different. E-starter is a high-wing plane which will auto-level when you make a turn. Also, it is more forgiving to error and less "twitchy".

Your next step is to move on to a mid-wing plane such as F3A. Master this plane until you can do proper figure-8, invert flying, loop, landing and take-off in all wind condition. Thereafter, you are free to choose any kind of plane to fly. Sadly, many tend to spend less time on this plane and rush to buying balsa or bigger plane, thinking that they can already fly properly. The consequence is that they tend to spend more $$$ down the road.....

I have seen this happening in PFW....so, it is best that you go step by step and not rush. Always establish a good foundation before you climb up so as to minimise the fall. This is a universal theory....applicable when you are studying, working and also rc-flying!

Good luck!..and happy flying...

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                        Well I recommend you learn how to build planes - our younger members here like Jiez and Viper1990 have all scratched built planes before from foam and depron. It saves you a fair bit of money, and it gives you satisfaction and builds your self esteem and it forces you to develop your thinking skillz in building and flying.
                        [/url]
                        Agreed.

I'm a student now and so are you. Our age gap is not pretty far off and i know it hurts spending just $100-$200 on a ARF/RTF plane. Because being a student has one thing most adults do not have. Time to build planes . So why not after school each day, come home and read up on webpages such as

1)www.rcgroups.com
                        2)www.parkjets.com
                        3)http://www.airfieldmodels.com/inform...ulas/index.htm

After expanding your knowledge in theory, next train up your practical skill which is building plane. Test fly, crash and learn and build a better one next time round.

And trust me after you gain that wonderful ,priceless skill of scratchbuilding planes. Not only you can save money from not buying planes, but you could build Any Planes you Wish and Dream of that can't be found in stores.
                        Build it
                        Fly it
                        Crash it
                        Fix it

Comment

Originally posted by loderunner View Post
                          Hi flightsimmer,

As advised by some of the bros here, mastering e-starter doesn't mean you are ready to fly EDF or 3D plane. Not to discourage you, but trust me, it is totally different. E-starter is a high-wing plane which will auto-level when you make a turn. Also, it is more forgiving to error and less "twitchy".

Your next step is to move on to a mid-wing plane such as F3A. Master this plane until you can do proper figure-8, invert flying, loop, landing and take-off in all wind condition. Thereafter, you are free to choose any kind of plane to fly. Sadly, many tend to spend less time on this plane and rush to buying balsa or bigger plane, thinking that they can already fly properly. The consequence is that they tend to spend more $$$ down the road.....

I have seen this happening in PFW....so, it is best that you go step by step and not rush. Always establish a good foundation before you climb up so as to minimise the fall. This is a universal theory....applicable when you are studying, working and also rc-flying!

Good luck!..and happy flying...

Cheers!

Agreed!!! i think i was one of the guys Loderunner mentioned.. was in a hurry... in the end wasted quite alot man, in the form of money, energy,...Flightsimmer.. dun rush okay.....

Comment

Ha Ha! You are not that bad la.

Agreed!!! i think i was one of the guys Loderunner mentioned.. was in a hurry... in the end wasted quite alot man, in the form of money, energy,...Flightsimmer.. dun rush okay.....
                            If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

Originally posted by viper1990 View Post
                              Because being a student has one thing most adults do not have. Time to build planes .
                              haha, I dun know why but I feel that I got more time in my school days than my working days

Originally posted by viper1990 View Post
                              but you could build Any Planes you Wish and Dream ......
                              Very familiar....! Sound like taken from 'The Dreams Catcher' Drama series!

Comment

Working...
                              X