Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power system info for planes

I am building a new plane.
    The power system required is 2208/34 outrunner motor.

What does it mean ?
    How come it does not reflect any kV ?

2208/34 is an AXI motor numbering system. Some makers like chinese ones, like to reference the same AXI motors to show they are made for the same type of purpose.

you are flying a slowflyer/parkflyer or 3D?

recommend of 10x5 for 2S and 10x3.8 for 3S

pair with 15~18A ESC

1100kv.

when in doubt, put the unknown into Google and sometimes answers appear.
    Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
    Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

I am flying a slow flyer.

Battery is 2S.

Comment

I am looking for cheap motor?

what kind of motor is compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by seesaw View Post
          I am looking for cheap motor?

what kind of motor is compatible?
          how heavy is ur plane as in AUW or how much power u r looking at for the motor?

Comment

building a delta plane

i also like to know some info on plane as i saw a guy had a self made back drive delta wing plane with a size of less then a meter and made of some plastic sheet.
            i tried to make one but fail. i want use the Honey bee king bush motor to do it, but cant find the info of that motor.
            so any one can give some ideal on wat is the size that is ideal for that bush motor and also the weight and size of the plane. or do i need to get another type of motor.
            Heli
            .FBL Protos
            Plane
            .Jetiger
            .Kinetic800

Comment

You need to get 2040 size (20 mm diameter, 40 mm length) motors of KV between 2000 to 3000. Use a 6 inch prop for 2000 kv, at 3000 kv, use a 4.7x 4.7. Heli motors of 3000 kv and above are a bit too 'hot' though some of the other guys use them for all out extreme speeed.

It is good for aircraft weighing less than 500 gm.

If you are talking about the mugi, build instructions are at www.mugi.co.uk.
              "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                how heavy is ur plane as in AUW or how much power u r looking at for the motor?
                i am not sure about the power.
                but the plane should weight about 240g to 275g
                my ESC is 20 Amp.
                my propeller is 8 X 4 (8040).

Comment

wan81sg brush motor may not have enough power.
                  usually requires a gear box to drive the propeller.

Comment

I am building a plane something like your specs too.

the Tiny Tiger Moth, nice looking plane, but the pull-pull system is making me crazy.

this is paired with a GS28-22 motor from JetHobby and with 10A ESC.

should do ok with a 8 X 3.8 prop.

if your plans called for the 2208/34, that's a 400 size equivalent motor. If you want cheap, can consider GWS Brushed 400 motor rather than brushless.

else, just let the hobby shop know you are want a 400 size OBL for slowflyer, got many options in the market.
                    Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
                    Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

i already had bought a brushless 20 amp ESC.
                      so most likely i would get a brushless out runner motor.

Comment

maybe i can seek rotor hobby shop to look for Esky motor.
                        i tried jet hobby website but the price is not really attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by seesaw View Post

maybe i can seek rotor hobby shop to look for Esky motor.
                          i tried jet hobby website but the price is not really attractive.
                          the trick is to try and match your set up parts to each other ( motor/ESC/ battery) this can be a bit of a dark art sometimes and leads to many a heated disscussion ( see other threads on DH )

DOnt focus too much on amps and think they relate to performance. This isn;t the case i'm afraid.
                          What you can do is this.

Look at the fixed things in your problem. You've already got a 20A ESC
                          so look at it's rating and also look at it's peak performance ( usually expressed as ...for example 20amps but with a burst of 25 amps for 10 seconds...lipo batterys often have the same performance data)

To be realsitic ( manufacturers dont always tell the truth ) so aim for 18 amps and you'll reduce the risk of burning out your ESC. Some brands are more tollerent than others!!

Then you need to find out the recommended props for your plane > These will often be expressed as a range of props and recommendation for slow, stunt and full 3D flying. I'm guessing your just starting out so go for slow ( you can always tweak it later when your flying improves)

so once you've got the prop target size go look for a motor to suit

Information you'll need if yo go to the shop. Weight of the plane AUW, type of plane ( park flyer , pusher prop, sport plane, stunt plane etc)

I think the sky hobbies web site has the best selection of motors on the web so you can get an idea of whats what before you go visit a shop.

Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the update.

In this case how many kV of motor should I be getting?
                            According to the shop, the value 2208/34 means
                            22 mm diameter
                            34 turns of motor
                            08 maximum current.

Comment

As Jack already pointed out 1100 kv

Thats the rating of the motor you spec'd

Check out http://www.hobby-lobby.com/brushless-axi2208.htm

It tells you what prop to use depending on what battery ( 2 or 3 cell lipo)

All the info you need is right there ( just scroll down)

Comment

Working...
                              X