Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommended setup for extra 260 49' from HC

juz received my extra 260 49' from HC today, need some advise regarding the setup. on hand i have a TR35-42D 1000kv motor izit ok for this plane or should i get the 42mm dia motor? for servos i have been using HXT9g for all my plane, izit ok to apply the same servo for this plane except elevator and rudder i'am considering the 16g servo.thanks in advance and happy CNY to all DH member.

Originally posted by BigKid View Post
    juz received my extra 260 49' from HC today, need some advise regarding the setup. on hand i have a TR35-42D 1000kv motor izit ok for this plane or should i get the 42mm dia motor? for servos i have been using HXT9g for all my plane, izit ok to apply the same servo for this plane except elevator and rudder i'am considering the 16g servo.thanks in advance and happy CNY to all DH member.
    bro, no more self-made planes liao ah?

Anyway, based on the motor n ur plane specs, the motor is able to support ur plane, but as for the 9gram servo, i dun think it is wise to use it

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
      bro, no more self-made planes liao ah?

Anyway, based on the motor n ur plane specs, the motor is able to support ur plane, but as for the 9gram servo, i dun think it is wise to use it
      hi janson, happy CNY! i'am still enjoying diy plane here's the latest yet to maiden it.

Comment

On specs alone it looks fine. I just entered the data into a motor calc program i have a 30 day trial on and it recommends a 11 or 12 inch prop.

You are going to need a good ESC with good cooling

Good luck

Comment

hi janson, happy CNY! i'am still enjoying diy plane here's the latest yet to maiden it.
          Happy CNY to u too! This DIY F-18 look & !!

Comment

For 3D, try 13x6.5 or 14x7 prop APC or Xoar or JXF. I am not sure about those motors you mentioned but I would recommend either AXI 2826-10 or Hacker A30 10XL. A 4s 2500 pack with 13x6.5 with either of those motors I mentioned will give you a good 5 mins of unlimited 3D fun or 7-8 mins of relax flying.
            Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfilsing View Post
              On specs alone it looks fine. I just entered the data into a motor calc program i have a 30 day trial on and it recommends a 11 or 12 inch prop.

You are going to need a good ESC with good cooling

Good luck
              thanks, intended to get a 60amp esc but the build for this plane got to hold back first. cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
                For 3D, try 13x6.5 or 14x7 prop APC or Xoar or JXF. I am not sure about those motors you mentioned but I would recommend either AXI 2826-10 or Hacker A30 10XL. A 4s 2500 pack with 13x6.5 with either of those motors I mentioned will give you a good 5 mins of unlimited 3D fun or 7-8 mins of relax flying.
                hi edmond, is the xoar props u mentioned same as master airscrew?

Comment

hi edmond, is the xoar props u mentioned same as master airscrew?
                  No different. The Xoar one as I understand from Jethobby is the same as JXF. THey are made of beechwood and though I tried only Xoar ones so far, they work very well for me and has an edge over APC for anything over 14 inch prop.

Your plane will need a minimal 13 inch prop for a good wash to do 3D.
                  Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
                    No different. The Xoar one as I understand from Jethobby is the same as JXF. THey are made of beechwood and though I tried only Xoar ones so far, they work very well for me and has an edge over APC for anything over 14 inch prop.

Your plane will need a minimal 13 inch prop for a good wash to do 3D.
                    o i c! ok will take note of the prop size thanks.

Comment

I use Drivecalc for calculating the props and stuff, very useful!

USed to be on motocalc but it expired.
                      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                        I use Drivecalc for calculating the props and stuff, very useful!

USed to be on motocalc but it expired.
                        my motor calc about to expire soon ( trying to input as many options as poss and printout the results )

do you have a link to the drive calc ??

Comment

Just google it. it should appear www.drivecalc.de or something like it.
                          "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                            Just google it. it should appear www.drivecalc.de or something like it.
                            thanks. I'd seen it before but lost the link

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X