Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have posted a new thread on the Seduction 25. Actually it is an old post in the Electric Flying Forum which I have transplanted to this forum.
    To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

A sneak preview. This is what is going to be next on the building board.

Pilot Seduction Streamline

Not for electric conversion though. Will probably be using an OS FS70S or a Saito 90.

Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Tony

Not for electric conversion though. Will probably be using an OS FS70S or a Saito 90.
        its seducing me already.. arghhh!! get it away from me.. arghhh..

all the best!

rifqi.
        this hobby is a compulsion/addiction/disease

Comment

Cool, Tony, I have got a Seduction kit as well 40 size, still new in box. Mine is Free-Style. Guess should be starting anytime now

JCho

Comment

Originally posted by Jcho
            Cool, Tony, I have got a Seduction kit as well 40 size, still new in box. Mine is Free-Style. Guess should be starting anytime now

Thats another nice looking plane. It was a hard choice for me to choose between the two. I flipped a coin and ended up picking up the Streamline from SHS. If anything, the Freestyle looks more elegant as the Streamline has a rather wierd looking cowl with a squarish and boxy looking air intake.

We could build them together and post so that we can see the differences in the design?

Confucius

Comment

Tony,

I am a very slow builder. Few condition that allow me to open the box is

1. Kids is sleeping
              2. After 10 pm
              3 when I am not sleepy

Great lets see if I could get her started
              JCho

Comment

Hi Tony,
                Good choice in selecting the Seduction Streamline, I was thinking of getting it after I crashed my 2nd Willdstyle, but after much consideration I bought my 3rd Wildstyle.... just couldn't resist the flight performance of the plane. Just wondering on the choice of engine you intend to use on the Streamline, I think that the Saito 90 would be an over kill on a plane so light the 70 as recommended would be perfect for all 3D type of flying. I power my Wildstyle with the OS 50 2 stroke with a 12 X 5 prop and find it just right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcho
                  Tony,

I am a very slow builder. Few condition that allow me to open the box is

1. Kids is sleeping
                  2. After 10 pm
                  3 when I am not sleepy

Great lets see if I could get her started

Sounds very familiar. I have the same constraints too. So I guess our building pace will be much the same. I will start in a weeks time (subject to prevailing conditions above)

Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Curare
                    Hi Tony,
                    Good choice in selecting the Seduction Streamline, I was thinking of getting it after I crashed my 2nd Willdstyle, but after much consideration I bought my 3rd Wildstyle.... just couldn't resist the flight performance of the plane. Just wondering on the choice of engine you intend to use on the Streamline, I think that the Saito 90 would be an over kill on a plane so light the 70 as recommended would be perfect for all 3D type of flying. I power my Wildstyle with the OS 50 2 stroke with a 12 X 5 prop and find it just right.
                    Curare,

The Wildstyle is a great plane. I built one for electric power. Unfortunately, I had only about 3 flights on it before it was demolished due to a faulty battery pack. It quit responding in a middle of a flight headed straight for the ground. Discovered that it was because of a badly soldered battery pack. I am pretty much near useless with a soldering iron.

I agree that the Saito 90 is overkill. I thought of using the Saito only because I have one lying around. Am trying to avoid having to buy a new engine as I don't have a 70 size FS. The Streamline plans shows an OS70 Ultimate. I have come across a number of postings on the net that seems to indicate that its a pretty crappy engine being prone to overheating and erratic runs.

If I go with the purchase of a new OS FS 70II, I'd have to use some form of tank pressurisation as the tank is mounted midships on the Streamline. I would doubt that exhaust pressure alone will be sufficient to maintain even fuel supply. Luckily, I have a Perry pump which I bought more than 10 years ago but never used. Not sure if it'll work with the OS FS70 though.

If I go with a cheaper 2 stroke, what would you recommend for the Streamline?
                    Last edited by Tony; 29-09-2005, 02:34 PM.

Confucius

Comment

Wish I could help you on the type of engine to use, I'm not sure what the AUW is like on the Streamline...is it lower than the Wildstyle? A YS 63 should pull it around with authority...seen it on this guy Bino's Seduction and the power was fantastic.

Comment

Sounds very familiar. I have the same constraints too. So I guess our building pace will be much the same. I will start in a weeks time (subject to prevailing conditions above)
                        Ha Ha, we on the same boat....need some motivation before we open the box. Guess we all love the plane so much that we would like to build it slowly. I am thinking of putting Saitio 82. Very nice engine and start real easy and very smooth idling speed too. Believe you would love it, like a Lexus.
                        JCho

Comment

Here she is - all finished and ready to fly. The maiden will be without the fibreglass cowl so I'll leave the painting to after the maiden. All up weight is exactly 80 ozs. Looking forward to getting some free time this weekend and good weather. Have to figure out where to go to fly it.

Unpacking the OK Streamline already - heh heh

Confucius

Comment

Looks great!
                            TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
                            Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
                            Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
                            Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

All you need to complet the pattern look are some wheel pants!

Thanx!
                              SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Tony, I would change the spinner to one with a metal back plate.This mean SOB of an engine chews up spinners with its torque and heat.You'd tighten and tighten until the plastic backplate welds itself to the prop.
                                Its a great engine-runs best with a 12 x7 APC or 11.5 X7 Bolly.Have 4 of this suckers.
                                Personally, the purple can monster beats it hands down.

Comment

Working...
                                X