Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 servos sailplane setup with JR 9XII

Couldn't find the solution, trying my luck here. Pls direct me if there are reday solution.

I’m trying to setup my 6 servos sailplane with motor control on my JR 9XII. Being reading and fiddling with the various manual and function in the radio. Still not quite get it.

All servos are moving in the right directions, the flap servos moves but not sure about the direction. Know which switch to move to get the various flight mode; launch, cruise, thermal, speed, land.

The channels are hook up in the RX as follows:
    Ch1 – LAIL (left aileron)
    Ch2 – RAIL (right aileron)
    Ch3 – ELEV (elevator)
    Ch4 – RUDD (rudder)
    Ch5 – RFLP (right flap)
    Ch6 – LFLP (left flap)
    Ch7 – MOTO (motor control)

Here’s my questions;
    Tried the ‘Motor Hold’ switches, yet the motor still spin whenever the spoiler stick is move up; in all flight modes. How to do this (motor control) correctly?
    How to setup the spoiler stick for the various flight modes, for butterfly, crow? Which function or manual in the TX.

Appreciate any guru / bro can help but giving some pointers on this. Like what/where to continue from here, or setting value of the various functions on the TX.

Thank you.

Oh, not to sure about the term/name use, correct me if wrong.
    Share the joy of flying . . .

Not a JR user myself but I came across the doc a while back and find it insightful. Maybe it could help you with the setup.

Comment

I'm not too sure about your radio, but I guess the concept should be the same as mine. I'm using the old JR 3810.

First, the model should be under glider mode. After hooking up all the servos, the individual servos should do exactly according to the stick/knob positions, including the motor control.

Only when these are done properly, then proceed to setup for the crow/butterfly functions. With the throttle stick at idle position(motor cut), flip the crow switch and set the servo positions accordingly. If somehow the full crow does not coincide with the correct stick position, use the crow offset to reset.

As for motor hold, I do not use them. Even with the crow switch activated, the motor will run unless the stick is at the lowest position. However, if you advance the throttle stick, the motor will throttle and at the same time, the flaps and ailerons will move to thier norminal positions progressively. This is particularly useful if you need to do a go-around after a miss approach. You may not have the time to flip the crow switch during an urgent go-around and all you need to do is to advance the throttle to full and everything will go back to normal and the plane simply climbs away.

Oh, I almost forgot the main point. Most of us who fly motor glider do not have seperate control for spoiler function. It is tied-up with the throttle stick and is only active when you flip the crow switch. Afterall, spoiler function is used primarily to get out of a thermal and landing approach, which both done with the motor cut.

I may not have answered your question directly, but this could be your alternative setup.

Comment

I've the 6 servo setup on my Paprika, using DSX9. If you have the JR cable, you can copy the setup from me over to your tx and play around with the settings.

Comment

6 servos sailplane setup with JR 9XII

I’m on leave tomorrow and will be at Old Holland Road in the morning. Want to meet there, if you free?

I made a diy cable but not tested yet. Think just copy at your settings from the screen, safer.

Comment

Thanks, gEcky, joe.

The info will sure help in one way or another in my understanding of the radio and setting up.

Comment

Need to work lah.

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
              I’m on leave tomorrow and will be at Old Holland Road in the morning. Want to meet there, if you free?

I made a diy cable but not tested yet. Think just copy at your settings from the screen, safer.

Comment

Originally posted by gEcky View Post
                Not a JR user myself but I came across the doc a while back and find it insightful. Maybe it could help you with the setup.

http://www.rcsoaring.com/docs/9303knight.pdf
                Thanks gEcky, it helps a lot. It opens up my mind into the sailplane setups.

I would recommend this doc to anyone into gliders.

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
                  Couldn't find the solution, trying my luck here. Pls direct me if there are reday solution.

I’m trying to setup my 6 servos sailplane with motor control on my JR 9XII. Being reading and fiddling with the various manual and function in the radio. Still not quite get it.

All servos are moving in the right directions, the flap servos moves but not sure about the direction. Know which switch to move to get the various flight mode; launch, cruise, thermal, speed, land.

The channels are hook up in the RX as follows:
                  Ch1 – LAIL (left aileron)
                  Ch2 – RAIL (right aileron)
                  Ch3 – ELEV (elevator)
                  Ch4 – RUDD (rudder)
                  Ch5 – RFLP (right flap)
                  Ch6 – LFLP (left flap)
                  Ch7 – MOTO (motor control)

Here’s my questions;
                  Tried the ‘Motor Hold’ switches, yet the motor still spin whenever the spoiler stick is move up; in all flight modes. How to do this (motor control) correctly?
                  How to setup the spoiler stick for the various flight modes, for butterfly, crow? Which function or manual in the TX.

Appreciate any guru / bro can help but giving some pointers on this. Like what/where to continue from here, or setting value of the various functions on the TX.

Thank you.

Oh, not to sure about the term/name use, correct me if wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong - its been awhile and I've never done such a complex setup before - but for JR, isn't channel one normally designated for throttle? You've got Laileron on channel one and motor on channel 7 instead. Could this be the reason why your motor comes on when you don't intend it to????
                  To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post
                    Correct me if I am wrong - its been awhile and I've never done such a complex setup before - but for JR, isn't channel one normally designated for throttle? You've got Laileron on channel one and motor on channel 7 instead. Could this be the reason why your motor comes on when you don't intend it to????
                    In Aero and Heli mode, the throttle is on channel one. But in Glid mode most of the channel designation is different as you can see from the list.

Comment

Put in a few flights this morning, and trying out different trimmings.

This is what I have setup for my TT Soaring Star

Five flight mode, launch, cruise, land, speed, and thermal
                      Camber trim on left trim
                      Throttle control on right trim
                      Launch flaps
                      Butterfly and Crow
                      Spoiler control for precision landing

Quite a hand full for me now, but not a problem, this is the interesting stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X