Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
    [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]
    BTW, care to explain which is better or why ?
    1. Ailerons up 30%, down 30% even throw
    2. Ailerons up 30%, down 15%, or
    3. Ailerons up 15%, down 30%.
    ( % figures are for discussion purpose only, not actual values that I made, Just only so I need to put into words here )
    Can't be point 1 & 3 as both points will cause ur plane to fly up & eventually stall it especially point 3

Point 2 sound reasonable, but have to play around with both percentage to get the ideal angle of attack for ur wings

Comment

At this point, I would like to say a big thanks to all kind members here who had given me many good suggestions and help along the way, which make me enjoy flying..

Newbies who are following this thread, never doubt advice from experienced members here. What type of plane to buy for your first plane, what gadget to use, what not to skimp on and what you can save on, all are very valid.

If I were to get a cheaper transmitter, I would not had enjoyed incorporating 2 extra channels for my aileron modification or had to resort to buy another transmitter should a cheaper transmitter came with limited channels.

If I were to get a warbird, I probably would had been messing around with broken foam chips on the ground.

If I did not get a simulator to practise before jumping into real rc flying, I could had not manage to fly a decent flight at all.

Above are all good advice ! Kudos all DH members !

Wah.. saying so, will I get free kopi next time ?

Kopi-C
      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Here are my new update...

Tested with a mod aileron with 1/2 length of wing span.

However with full throw, there is not enough deflection to induce a roll.

Did some research online and found that dihedrals actually helps to counter rolls. It wants to upright itself. So I manage to flatten the dihedral with my hairdryer and careful bending of the wing tips. I also extended the ailerons to full wing span. Almost.

Here is the final flattening process. Not totally flat, but probably enough for an experimentation.

Notice I also added Velcros to prevent wing-loss in case the roll is too ferocious.

Since material removed from the wings are disposed, I will purchase some suitable material from bookstore to make the aileron flaps. The material is the same as MUGI DIY planes. Stiff and light and cheap ( personal transportation inclusive )

Maiden new setup this weekend.. !

Comment

hi blueangel,

Where and when do you guys usually fly? Wanna pop by and learn from all the 'old bird'.

Comment

Originally posted by aliank View Post
            hi blueangel,

Where and when do you guys usually fly? Wanna pop by and learn from all the 'old bird'.
            Sorry me not old bird. You got the wrong person liaozzz..

My name is "Sin Cheow" ...

Comment

Working...
            X