Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estarter cowling

E starter cowling.. Just spotted them in stock at Jet hobby .

Saw a thread asking for replacemnts but can;t find it now so thought i'd post what i just saw.
    They have about 10 of them ...forgot to ask the cost ( too busy messing around with other stuff)

Good luck

fly without cowling lor...
    huh

Comment

Originally posted by bigfilsing View Post
      E starter cowling.. Just spotted them in stock at Jet hobby .

Saw a thread asking for replacemnts but can;t find it now so thought i'd post what i just saw.
      They have about 10 of them ...forgot to ask the cost ( too busy messing around with other stuff)

Good luck
      The Crowling cost $3 each... very fragile... 1 or 2 hard landing will crack...

Now I use Meji Milk bottle... very solid and crash proof...

Comment

Originally posted by wireless View Post
        The Crowling cost $3 each... very fragile... 1 or 2 hard landing will crack...

Now I use Meji Milk bottle... very solid and crash proof...
        After first hard landing/sign of crack gaffa tape makes them bullet proof

Comment

Originally posted by nic View Post
          fly without cowling lor...
          My e starter has a top cut away plastic drink bottle as cowling. It has worked well all this time, taking lots of hard knocks without any problem, the diameter of the softdrink bottle is a correct fit for the fuselage of the e starter, go give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfilsing View Post
            After first hard landing/sign of crack gaffa tape makes them bullet proof
            Tried this solution already so many times, cannot make it, the original structure of the crowling is so soft, tapes don't harden it too much....

Comment

i saw it at jethobby also.. haha.. just wondering if i can epoxy the whole inner side of the cowling?

Comment

Originally posted by yanloveRC View Post
                i saw it at jethobby also.. haha.. just wondering if i can epoxy the whole inner side of the cowling?
                too wasting of the epoxy la
                I'm using Fiberglass tape method to reinforce my cowling.

Comment

Just buy one and keep until you are more proficient in flying. That way when you are ready you can dress up your bird as it should be and not destroy it. It is always nice to see a model airplane in its full glory in flight even if it is just an Estarter.
                  Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                  Having fun yet?
                  36.39mhz
                  40.77mhz

Comment

Working...
                  X