Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FunJet II

I know this is the glider season, but I had started this about 4 weeks ago and it was left on the floor of the study. Need to clear the space as the MOH is not happy with the 'rubbish' on the floor.

To start off, can you tell which is the real FunJet and the new Funjet II?

MS

Introducing the new FunJet II

The new FunJet II is a direct copy from the original. I got the original on a quiet night many weeks ago, and waited at the lift lobby in Chai Chee for the jet to be loaned......many thanks to Adnan!
    Materials:
    5mm Depron foam
    3mm CF tube
    2" pre-cut balsa trailing edge
    Uhu Por
    Elmer's PU glue

From the original, I measured all the major dimensions and started cutting the 5mm Depron foam. There are basically only 4 main pieces for the FunJet II:
    Wings...........2 pcs of 5mm Depron to make up the thickness of 10mm with 2 pcs of 3mm CF tube sandwiched between the foam.
    Fuselage.......4 pcs of 5mm foam, rounded the square corners.
    Vertical stab.....5mm foam.
    Elevons..........trim the balsa trailing edge towards the tips.

There is no proper airfoil, just sanded about 2" from the LE. Did not have to do anything at the TE as the balsa TE is pre-cut.

The build is very easy and it could have been easier if I have had foam-safe CA. With the Uhu Por, I just needed to wait for a few minutes for the both sides to dry before pressing them together.
    Nes and Mae helped with the painting.

I will be installing the Rx and battery, hopefully I can maiden the FunJet II on Christmas morning! Here's more pictures.

MS

Comment

Nice build & that should have save you tens of dollars

Comment

Thanks.
        As in the other scratch builds, the intend is not so much as saving money. The satisfaction in creating a flying model would certainly pay off everything.
        I have not flown a pusher before, I may need some help from the experts here for the maiden. Let's see how it flies

Comment

Working...
        X