Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stickers or decals

Hello to all,

Does anyone have any "lobang" to print stickers or decals for RC plane? I'm looking for Russian Red Star with white border to finish my spitfire flying Russian colors...

Please help n thank you

joseph

You can make them easily on your own. Just need to buy white and red self-adhesive decals like Monotrim, cut the 2 stars with different size and apply the red over the white. You can use CAD software like Autocad to plot the stars with sizes of your choice, print them out and scotchtape them over the decal sheets and cut them out with a penknife and steel ruler.

Comment

Hi Joe,

I had tried that option before but the decals turn out to be a tad thick for foamy scale park flier. My Alpha Model spitfire decals does not held up well for flights. The thin decals though nice and scale got shredded to pieces after a couple of flights

I'm thinking of respraying my spitifire MK Vb and flying russian colors. Looking for easy way out

joseph

Comment

I have have a small stock of letter sized water slide decal paper which I ordered from the US. You need an inkjet printer and a sealent (I forget the brand name now) which you can get from art stores. Makes decals like the ones you get with plastic scale kits eg. Airfix, Tamiya et al. Stick them in water and they will slide off the backing paper and onto the model. Leave to dry. Edges are very very thin and transparent.

You are only limited to your ability to produce the artwork in Photoshop or Illustrator. The one single limitation is that the colour white cannot be reproduced because white equals no ink for an inkjet and this means it results in a transparent patch not a white patch. Also, these are good for making very detailed smaller decals. If you want to make decals larger than say 2-3 inches square - then you will have to break the logo up into individual characters. The reason is that the decals are rather fragile when they are still wet. When you try to transfer to large a decal, they tend to tear when trying to position them. I've had reasonable success with individual characters up to about 2-3 inches square. Beyond that, it gets quite dicey. These decal sheets are great for adding scale details like "No Step", group insignias, etc etc. They can be made to go around compound curves using a special liquid which you brush on. Unfortunately, you need to hand carry this back as they are not allowed to ship it because it inflammable.

I can sell you a few sheets if you are interested. I need the rest for my own use.
        To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the offer and advice. BTW, I had pay for someone to print out the Russian Aviation Red Star stickers in various sizes before I read your posting. Well, if I'm not satisfied with the products, I may consider getting the decal sheets from you. Honestly, I would prefer someone who can do the printing for me as I'm not computer or art savvy...

Kind Regards

joseph

Comment

Originally posted by jchng View Post
            Hi Tony,

Thanks for the offer and advice. BTW, I had pay for someone to print out the Russian Aviation Red Star stickers in various sizes before I read your posting. Well, if I'm not satisfied with the products, I may consider getting the decal sheets from you. Honestly, I would prefer someone who can do the printing for me as I'm not computer or art savvy...

Kind Regards

joseph
            Sorry. Can't help you there. I am struggling with my computer drawing skills. You can try searching the net for suitable artwork. Some sites have squadron insignias, mascots etc etc or get someone who is good at computer drawing to do it for you.
            To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Is something like this ok?

Plane 1:
              FreeWing F-15
              Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
              GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
              Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment