Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advise needed for a project to place GPS in a Rc plane.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise needed for a project to place GPS in a Rc plane.

Hi all..

Anyone can advise me on a plane or a heli that is big enough to place additional circuit and a GPS reciever which weight roughly 200g? Preferred plane will th EP and foam will be best.
    Thanks.

Can explore using Eagletree V3 logger & GPS expander, it can fit almost any plane. Small & light, less than 50g.

Usually high wing plane got spacious fuselage, would recommend Cessna.
    Can check this out, big & spacious

cheers

Comment

Hi. Thanks for that advise is there any other planes i could look at?
      Is there also any beginner heli that is able to take that amount of weight?

Thanks

Comment

For the weight that you mentioned, probably a Multiplex Cularis.

It's a 2.6 m glider, can go darn high, can go darn far on low power.

Thing is, you shouldn't be a beginner to meddle around with this full house glider.

But since you're talkin' about GPS in a plane, you probably are not a beginner in the first place.
        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Yea not really a beginner but i jus started flying about 6 months ago, now doing it for my poly project.

Thanks.. Any idea where I can get that glider?

Comment

Originally posted by aboveall View Post
            Yea not really a beginner but i jus started flying about 6 months ago, now doing it for my poly project.

Thanks.. Any idea where I can get that glider?
            NTC but not cheap hor

Comment

Instead of a Cularis, you might want to settle for a smaller cousin - Easy Glider, wingspan 2.0m, very steady plane. To take up the payload of 200g, maybe you want to get the brushless option and also a smaller batt.
              Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
              Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X