Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new toy from Germany

I was searching for a shop to purchase a Czech made Royal SDZ-39 semi-scale sailplane, which can give the most competitive price. I stumbled across the Gustav Staufenbiel from Humburg, Germany ( http://www.modellhobby-shop.de) and the prices are unbeliveable. To made an order through their website on 10Sep and it arrived today at my doorstep.

Upon opening the box, I only find another box inside, which belongs to the kit itself. These people really know how to pack thier stuff. I quickly open the kit box and inspect the parts. I was immediately impressed with the fibreglass fuselage, which is very well made and very light at 8oz, compared to 12.3oz of my 2.6m DG-1000. The canopy is moulded from crystal clear plastic and comes along with the moulded fibreglass cockpit. The horizontal stab is of solid balsa and the rudder is built-up from balsa-good move to save as much as at the tail as possible.

However, I'm not totally impressed with the wings which weigh 10oz(290gm) each. They are balsa built-up and fully sheeted and have coverings similar to the DG-1000, and needless to say, comes with free wrinkles as well. Having said that, the wing design is stright forward and have plenty of area. The joiner is 1/4" dia steel instead of carbon rod. The kit also comes with necessary hardware to complete the model.

Overall, I'm am very happy with the company, the kit and for the 167 Euro I paid for it.

Last edited by joe yap; 24-09-2008, 03:44 PM.

Yo Joe;

I think there's something wrong;

When I go to the website, it says I'm logged in as ' Joe Yap'.

Cheers, yeah?
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

That is some fast shipping! I hope my brother is reading this......

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
        Yo Joe;

I think there's something wrong;

When I go to the website, it says I'm logged in as ' Joe Yap'.

Cheers, yeah?
        Quick ! ...Quickly go and order as many planes as you can !
        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Oops, my internet explorer logged me in when I copied the address. Anyway, you won't get my credit card number.

Comment

Originally posted by msc View Post
            That is some fast shipping! I hope my brother is reading this......
            Yes! I got the Cobra alreadi!

The wings felt really stiff - I thot it was fibreglass like all the rest of the models on display - really damn steam koyok!

Personally, I like the Hawk electric glider very much - seems like it is ready to tear up the sky. But my hanger is overflowing already - need to find bigger house.

Comment

Originally posted by MeePokMan View Post
              Yes! I got the Cobra alreadi!

The wings felt really stiff - I thot it was fibreglass like all the rest of the models on display - really damn steam koyok!

Personally, I like the Hawk electric glider very much - seems like it is ready to tear up the sky. But my hanger is overflowing already - need to find bigger house.

The Hawk looks like a very hot Hotliner......hmmm, I am guessing that somebody is going to find reasons to go back to 'work' in Hamburg.

Comment

that's a sweet and smooth looking plane.

We are on the brink of September and coming to year end.

Any good planes to recommend for slope?

Need to start saving up already
                Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
                Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

That'll depend on what type of gliders you prefer and your soaring experience.

Comment

If you need to ask this question.

...No need to consider ! ...go get an Easy Glider - Non powered version !
                    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

I have a Multiplex Easy Glider (powered)

Maybe I will just turn up without the props fitted.

Saw this 'EPP Eagle' on Ebay and read through details about it on RCGroups.

It's a plane that basically is shaped like a real eagle. Reviews of this plane says it's a very good floater and some people managed to thermal it real high.

Also it gets attacked a lot by birds including real eagles.
                      Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
                      Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
                        I was searching for a shop to purchase a Czech made Royal SDZ-39 semi-scale sailplane, which can give the most competitive price. I stumbled across the Gustav Staufenbiel from Humburg, Germany ( http://www.modellhobby-shop.de) and the prices are unbeliveable. To made an order through their website on 10Sep and it arrived today at my doorstep.

Upon opening the box, I only find another box inside, which belongs to the kit itself. These people really know how to pack thier stuff. I quickly open the kit box and inspect the parts. I was immediately impressed with the fibreglass fuselage, which is very well made and very light at 8oz, compared to 12.3oz of my 2.6m DG-1000. The canopy is moulded from crystal clear plastic and comes along with the moulded fibreglass cockpit. The horizontal stab is of solid balsa and the rudder is built-up from balsa-good move to save as much as at the tail as possible.

However, I'm not totally impressed with the wings which weigh 10oz(290gm) each. They are balsa built-up and fully sheeted and have coverings similar to the DG-1000, and needless to say, comes with free wrinkles as well. Having said that, the wing design is stright forward and have plenty of area. The joiner is 1/4" dia steel instead of carbon rod. The kit also comes with necessary hardware to complete the model.

Overall, I'm am very happy with the company, the kit and for the 167 Euro I paid for it.

Hi Joe,
                        Mine came in on Monday evening - hand carried by a beautiful lady on the A380. I recognize the box first from outside the arrival hall, as I have not seen the lady before.

The Cobra is beautiful...all 2.6m of it. There is also a German catalog inside the box, showing all the other beauties.....very enticing!

Comment

Originally posted by msc View Post
                          Hi Joe,
                          Mine came in on Monday evening - hand carried by a beautiful lady on the A380. I recognize the box first from outside the arrival hall, as I have not seen the lady before.

The Cobra is beautiful...all 2.6m of it. There is also a German catalog inside the box, showing all the other beauties.....very enticing!
                          The cobra are going to posion the sky over BR this year.

Comment

Bedok reservoir? I bought it for Sedili.

Comment

I'm not sure whether I can make it, but I'm rushing to finish it before bringing it to Sedili next weekend.

I do not quite like the coverings and I had since stripped them off and replace with Oracover more more durability, since I intedn to fly it at Sedili. Also, I added some colours to the otherwise, boring all white scheme.

Comment

Working...
                              X