Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D capabled Fomosa II?

hi all! Heard that formosa II is capable of 3D maneuver but not sure which motor they use to do dat.. N i'm tempted to get 1 myself coz of de low price. hehe =D can i use Himax HC2816-0890 motor with 3S 12.6V 2000mAH batt for it?
    zooooomm!

hmmm

bro if u wanna fly 3d, y use formosa? there r much better 3d plane out there with relatively cheap prices. formosa is more to f3a and aerobatics. will be quite difficult for learning 3d. if u wanna go 3d, get a proper 3d plane to ease yr learning... just my opinion, hope no one gets offended...

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by romihensem View Post
      bro if u wanna fly 3d, y use formosa? there r much better 3d plane out there with relatively cheap prices. formosa is more to f3a and aerobatics. will be quite difficult for learning 3d. if u wanna go 3d, get a proper 3d plane to ease yr learning... just my opinion, hope no one gets offended...
      Any planes to recommend then?

Comment

Interesting thread. It reminds me of an exact same situation I went through almost exactly two years ago.

I wanted a 3D plane. Eventhough I thought that since formosa's air frame price for the size is affordable, the "good stuff" hardware needed to get the plane 3D-ready (or close to it) is way off the mark by a longshot. I'd also needed much bigger batteries. And all this for an air frame which has not been proven to be a good 3D aerobat.

In the end I went for the Super Zoom (now also available as the Hyoerion Sniper). Eventhough the airframe was smaller and around $50 more, the EPP plane helped me go through a very steep learning curve. It was tough enough to take alot of abuse, yet light. The hardware to get it up and running is also not as expensive as what would have gone into the F2, eventhough I indulged in better hardware. Also it runs on much smaller batts (ard 1300mah batts) thus making the running cost much lower.

I'd suggest to anyone who wants to start 3D to go for the Super Zoom or Flash. Great airframe, relatively ok to get it up in the air and heaps of fun.

Cheers,
        Adnan
        Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
        Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

hmmm

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
          Any planes to recommend then?
          I have been flying my Hyperion Sniper 3d which was given to me by my mentor for quite some time now until it was accidentally stepped on by a fren. hehehe although its more to an F3A design, its 3d capabilities are awesome and so much easier. But its snap roll is not as pretty as the flash and super zoom which perform some maneuvers better. Now I'm flying my SU-31 which was bought from chan. Although its a bit more costly to get an all out 3d plane, but it helps you a lot in the process of 3d learning. Some 3d planes that i have come across on the net with quite reasonable prices:-

3d whirlwind - 2 planes for $85. worth the try. cheap setup as well.
          SU-31 - Me and my fren share to bought this plane cause it also comes 2 planes. $140 so $70/person. cheap setup as well.
          Magic Butterfly - $69 but theres an offer for motor and esc combo as well.

Theres actually so much more if you explore carefully. Basically it all sums up to your preference. btw all the above info is just my humble opinion. you have the right not to follow them. its just my personal opinion only. heheheh

Heres some of my plane pics. heheheh

sigpic

Comment

hey , u guy's might want to try diy! juz maiden mine yesterday and i'am loving it here's the plan http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415413

Comment

Here's more epp and foamies for you to drool at !

Hope some LHS can contact them and bring them in ...affordably
              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

nice nice! truth is, i crashed n broke de nose of my super zoom after sooooo long of not flying it (as in abt a year or more) n i'm kinda lazy to repair it coz it broke a couple of times before. hehe dats y i was considering of buying fomosa coz of its rigid fuselage (way cheaper than EPP). n was planning to salvage de parts from my super zoom to de "might soon to be bought" formosa. hahax. but come to think of it again, feel like juz buying EPP model (but must save up 1st) or repair de existing super zoom.

So which option should i take.. get a formosa II or get an EPP model or repair super zoom?
                zooooomm!

Comment

hmmm

Originally posted by adino View Post
                  nice nice! truth is, i crashed n broke de nose of my super zoom after sooooo long of not flying it (as in abt a year or more) n i'm kinda lazy to repair it coz it broke a couple of times before. hehe dats y i was considering of buying fomosa coz of its rigid fuselage (way cheaper than EPP). n was planning to salvage de parts from my super zoom to de "might soon to be bought" formosa. hahax. but come to think of it again, feel like juz buying EPP model (but must save up 1st) or repair de existing super zoom.

So which option should i take.. get a formosa II or get an EPP model or repair super zoom?
                  bro i broke my sniper too. the whole nose came off from the fuse. but i just epoxy it back and it was up and flying the next day. 1 good thing bout epp is it is durable, and easily repairable. even my formosa doesnt take crashes as good as my sniper does. just my 2 cents though...

sigpic

Comment

i juz repaired my super zoom. i epoxy back de nose n re-enforced it with coro plastic (like de plane has corogated side cheeks).. test flew it de other day, n it flew great! hehe thx bro! maybe i'll try posting pix of it some day
                    zooooomm!

Comment

hmmm

i juz repaired my super zoom. i epoxy back de nose n re-enforced it with coro plastic (like de plane has corogated side cheeks).. test flew it de other day, n it flew great! hehe thx bro! maybe i'll try posting pix of it some day
                      glad u manage to fix it. now for some pics pls.... hehehehe

sigpic

Comment

3d whirlwind is awesome
                        Planes, , and , video collection

Comment

hi all! Heard that formosa II is capable of 3D maneuver but not sure which motor they use to do dat.. N i'm tempted to get 1 myself coz of de low price. hehe =D can i use Himax HC2816-0890 motor with 3S 12.6V 2000mAH batt for it?
                          I juz maiden my FII and i can say that its a super floater!!. flys straight and true. landing is non event, juz cut throttle and let it glide.
                          my set up is:
                          TR3542-1000kv (132g) with 12x6
                          unlimited vertical with 350Watts and 32A
                          4x HXT900 servo
                          oemrc 40A esc with HXT 5/6v BEC
                          AUW 970g with zippy 2200 20C

i can cruise at slightly more than 1/4 throttle. very stable plane. invert with little elevator input. knife edge is easy to do. Its possible to hover this plane juz that u muz find the sweet spot. flat spin not great possibly due to insufficient elevator input.have not try snap roll as im not familiar with this plane yet.
                          i suggest a heavy motor as the plane is design tail heavy. u can fly real fast and slow.overall a very value for money kit for relax or pattern flying.

-Ehawk 2000 Pro
                          -Mouton 1600 EV
                          -AMD micro chili
                          -HK Kinetic800
                          -SF Learjet45

Comment

hmmm

Originally posted by Touch n Go View Post
                            I juz maiden my FII and i can say that its a super floater!!. flys straight and true. landing is non event, juz cut throttle and let it glide.
                            my set up is:
                            TR3542-1000kv (132g) with 12x6
                            unlimited vertical with 350Watts and 32A
                            4x HXT900 servo
                            oemrc 40A esc with HXT 5/6v BEC
                            AUW 970g with zippy 2200 20C

i can cruise at slightly more than 1/4 throttle. very stable plane. invert with little elevator input. knife edge is easy to do. Its possible to hover this plane juz that u muz find the sweet spot. flat spin not great possibly due to insufficient elevator input.have not try snap roll as im not familiar with this plane yet.
                            i suggest a heavy motor as the plane is design tail heavy. u can fly real fast and slow.overall a very value for money kit for relax or pattern flying.
                            agreed. was there when u maiden it bro. btw dont forget to reinforce the servo mount. just to be safe. hehehe nice flight btw. and nice maneuvers too...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by romihensem View Post
                              agreed. was there when u maiden it bro. btw dont forget to reinforce the servo mount. just to be safe. hehehe nice flight btw. and nice maneuvers too...
                              hey thx bro, the plane was really a blast to fly!. i have tape the servo with fiber tape and lookin for another flight soon!!. hope to see more FII flying!
                              -Ehawk 2000 Pro
                              -Mouton 1600 EV
                              -AMD micro chili
                              -HK Kinetic800
                              -SF Learjet45

Comment

Working...
                              X