Clear All

Comparison

Hi Guys,Can I know which is better?
    1.Slowstick
    2.Beaver
    3.EStarter
    4.J3 Cub
    5.JH Cessna182

I prefer those which ailerons,motors and can fly for long time,which means that i do not have to change planes frequently.
    I got a 4channel radio,receiver,ESC,lipo batt and servos.
    Plane 1:
    FreeWing F-15
    Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
    GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
    Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Originally posted by JieZ View Post
    1.Slowstick
    2.Beaver
    3.EStarter
    4.J3 Cub
    5.JH Cessna182

I prefer those which ailerons,motors and can fly for long time,which means that i do not have to change planes frequently.
    Easystar better bro

Comment

Hi, 2,3,5 is gd for beginners. I myself is flying the cessna but not the 182 type. Even my dad who nva learn on simulator b4 oso can fly.

However #2 Beaver does not have alierons, only rudder and elevator.
      Spektrum DX7
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think there would be any one that is 'better'. It boils down to personal preference. So what may be 'better' to someone else may not be better for you. Most of these models are able to churn out minutes with throttle management.

Best you narrow down your preferences in what you're looking for, i.e., aerobatic, fast/slow, floater, self-correcting, close-both-eyes-still-can-fly, type of aircraft. Maybe from here we'll be able to suggest something which you may try out.

Comment

Originally posted by buckman View Post
          I don't think there would be any one that is 'better'. It boils down to personal preference. So what may be 'better' to someone else may not be better for you. Most of these models are able to churn out minutes with throttle management.

Best you narrow down your preferences in what you're looking for, i.e., aerobatic, fast/slow, floater, self-correcting, close-both-eyes-still-can-fly, type of aircraft. Maybe from here we'll be able to suggest something which you may try out.
          hmmm..i prefer those which can do aerobactic after switching to BL combo,fast and can float.(is there this kind of plane?)
          type of aircraft,well it doesnt really matter.Thanks!
          Plane 1:
          FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Eh, i would go for the E-starter, as i had one myself about a year ago.

Get a decent BL motor , like a 100-200watt 900kv-1400kv motor and run it on 3s lipo.

It's able to perform loops and inverted and barrelrolls. Simple! It has a pretty good glide ratio too. Don't bother about fixing on its landing gear when you're flying on a grassy field. And best part is you can crash and repair it many many times. Well..until its a flying ball of epoxy.

Haaha, then afterwards once you are bored of flying the e-starter, try converting to a EDF estarter! fix the ducted fan on top of the wing and watch it go ZOOM!.

Ah..but thats just my suggestion, Up to you on choosing which plane you like!
            Build it
            Fly it
            Crash it
            Fix it

Comment

1.Slowstick
              2.Beaver
              3.EStarter
              4.J3 Cub
              5.JH Cessna182

Don't you already have a slowstick?

Come on, try something different!

I would get the Cessna 182.
              Looks good, trains you in scale landings and taking offs.

But eh, O levels. Better study hard.
              "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                Don't you already have a slowstick?

Come on, try something different!

I would get the Cessna 182.
                Looks good, trains you in scale landings and taking offs.

But eh, O levels. Better study hard.
                yea.perhaps after that?im not too sure either.my hands are itching.Cessna182 from JH no Power System.need buy again.i was thinking of Estarter,since it gt a Brush motor inside.i got everything except for e plane and bl combo.
                Plane 1:
                FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Anymore suggestions?
                  Plane 1:
                  FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

go nitro

honestly bro.. just go nitro! more stable than most EPs. get the "calmato" 40 size high-wing trainer from jet hobby (slightly less than $100 but looks preety good), get an affordable engine and electronics (can conveniently get my sk 50 engine ), and fly it! really good and stable flight characteristics. i would say much better as compared to most electric airplanes cuz of its size. just my 2 cents worth. flew an estarter,crashed it; flew my "calmato" JH version and I really cherished it!

*disclaimer: need to at least have the correct flight orientation - but then again that applies to almost every rc airplane eh!*

overall, the JH "Calmato" is definately a plane worth investing in for beginners.
                    Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

cons of nitro flying

do note that my previous post merely mentions the pros of nitro flying. there is however quite a huge CON (esp if u are staying in the west like me), very hard to find suitable places to fly!
                      Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

yea.perhaps after that?im not too sure either.my hands are itching.Cessna182 from JH no Power System.need buy again.i was thinking of Estarter,since it gt a Brush motor inside.i got everything except for e plane and bl combo.
                        hey guys, if u decided to get the JH Cessna 182, give me a pm, we can build it up together.

Coz this is my 1st plane but I have not fixed it up yet up.

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel View Post
                          do note that my previous post merely mentions the pros of nitro flying. there is however quite a huge CON (esp if u are staying in the west like me), very hard to find suitable places to fly!
                          Haha.I stay at e north.near Northlink.There are guys here who flies large Nitro helis(dont know what size) and some time nitro planes.but i dont like nitro.cause oily.haha
                          Plane 1:
                          FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                            hey guys, if u decided to get the JH Cessna 182, give me a pm, we can build it up together.

Coz this is my 1st plane but I have not fixed it up yet up.
                            haha.i gt some plane building experience.but i will not get it so soon.my O levels is in 15 weeks.haha.what electronics u gt?
                            Plane 1:
                            FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

I sorted out what i want and needed advise from you guys here,so that i can start saving up while preparing for my exams.
                              1.TT Cub
                              2.JH Ultrafly Cessna
                              3. JH Sky hawk.

this is my setup:
                              4 x ESky 9g servos
                              1 x JH2812-1534KV Outrunner motor
                              1 x 18A ESC
                              1 x 2S 1900mAh lipo
                              1 x 9 x 6 prop.

A question i want to ask is:Can the wings of the Cub be changed to those with ailerons?
                              Plane 1:
                              FreeWing F-15

Plane 2:

Comment

Working...
                              X