Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Meh?! No lah.
    I actually at the onset, to prove to myself, not anyone, that flat foamed wings do fly, it may not be aerodynamically efficient, yes, purist will tell me that, but i proved to myself it can fly, and it did fly, and stable too the curved-inward foam wingtips really helped with yaw stability
    I will be continuing to fine-tune this cozy and make it fly better

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
      I think u just created history here manz...... now ppl is after your CAD drawing

Cheers

Mike
      Hi Mike,

Yes RC History....and a local one....can someone invite the reporter that wrote on the IFO? (2 yrs local design)....this one 3 weeks build and design
      confirm they would know what is DIY foam planes man

Hi Astro,

When can we start placing order....for your auto cad plan of course?

Cheers
      JCho

Comment

What everybody have been waiting for! Maiden Video!

Video video video, hope the music is right!

www.simplewing.com/Cosy.wmv
        Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

I am glad to be there when steven maiden .... its definitely an eye opener on this project

Didn't have much chance to enjoy his flight today ... too much concentration in the camera Really impress w the design and final product after watching the video.

3 cheers for Astroboy!

Mike

Comment

Another SUPERB project by steven. Really shows the best in the hobby. Good job man!
            SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22
              Video video video, hope the music is right!

www.simplewing.com/Cosy.wmv

Cool Video....Pun Pee Pee
              JCho

Comment

Thanks Edmond for the video link

Jason, the cad drawings are now kept in a maximum security bank vault, under my workbench

Comment

Great video and superb music mix on the most beautiful EC foam plane I hv ever seen...

Congratulations AstroBoy, for completing the cozy project and achieving new heights in your RC "career".

To the maiden team, thanks for your time and hard work in making the event so smooth and sharing the flight pics and video.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
                  (

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind words, just a foam plane only lah, nothing fantastic.
                    I will be modifying and fine-tuning some stuff on the cozy before flying it again in a few weeks time

Comment

great job cpt wong! too bad can't be there on the madien... will try to make it nxt week to join u guy at the field
                      just learning to fly

Comment

Thanks Jephrey, sorry i will be out of town next weekend , but will fly the cozy again the next following weekend, after some mods

Comment

Close-up pictures

Comment

Comment

Ok, flew the Cozy this afternoon, thanks to JCho for helping to launch the Cozy, still sorting out the CG thing so no confidence to solo launch myself
                              First flight was tail heavy but nonetheless flew pretty well, i did the 1st roll on this baby Heart-Stopping maneuvre! again definitely tail heavy barrel roll towards the tail, starting to get the feel of this baby, did a couple of inverted straight-line flight, managed to incude the moon in the shot too! inverted was stable but needed a lot of down elevator input ,flight time 7 minutes, landed safely.

Added a couple of nose weights (washers basically ), 2nd flight off she goes, rolls are more axial (in-line with fuselage axis) definitely needed 2 more washers for 3rd flight
                              Spending more stick time to find out stall speed, about 25% throttle, she cruises at 45% throttle and eventuall flight exceeded the 7-minutes set on transmitter timer, total flight to powered landing = 11 mins 40 secs with power reserve on the lipo battery She's a floater folks, i did a few low and power off flybys, for a few seconds to test glide characteristics, very nice, floated by nicely I'm absolutely delighted with her performance.

3rd flight was 12mins plus, still with reserve power from the lipo battery, added 2 more washers for nose weight, best part, i solo launched her YIPPEEEEE!!!! YEH!!!! 70% throttle and with a light toss and off she goes and flew away from my hand!

Enjoy the photos guys!
                              Will try to shoot another video by next weekend, Edmond22 , can you help again next weekend? Thanks a LOT!!! Lunch on me GUYS!

Last edited by AstroBoy; 20-03-2005, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Inverted flight with moon in full view! So Sweet!
                                3rd picture shows the Cozy flying by without power, yup, it glided for a couple of seconds before nudging its nose down gently, typical of canard flight characteristics, just add a little throttle to about 40% and it floated and flew slowly away, the added 2 degrees upthrust on the motor is definitely helping in this area
                                Last 2 pics are landing approaches, nice and slow coming in, hopefully can capture the whole flight video as what i've described by next weekend.

I changed the single aileron servo to 2 servos, and added elevator-to-flaps mixing, that's the reason why the Cozy flew so much better

Comment

Working...
                                X