Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a good closeup of what its like after drying,

Comment

After it has dried, sand it again, this time, with the larger grain sandpaper. The loose hairs would come out, again, wipe clean with alcohol.

A new coat will be added. This time however, the resin is mixed with powder, 2:1 ratio. The powder will fill the weaves of the cloth, smooth..

Comment

Here's the strength test, the glassed depron is substantially stronger indeed. Glassed,

Comment

Without, you can see it folds instantly, my leg supporting it,

Comment

Next,

Comment

More or less equal pivot points.

So thats basically all there is to glassing. Doesnt take very long. Didnt think of doing a thread like this or would have got more pics. Glassed another wing just few nights back. A semi-scale 767. Pics attached.

Hope this was of a help, would be more than willing to help if you have questions. Enjoy!

Comment

Comment

Thanks for sharing the inforamtion, now know what to do with my NIB formosa

BTW is the resin water base ? That is it will dissolve in water. Hmmm looks like much easier to work with as compare to the finishing epoxy sold at NTC.... which required mixing and took min 3~4 hr to dry up for a thin layer. Of cause what will be the strength diff, but do face peel off issue with the finishing epoxy

Artfriend have 2 store facing each other (the other is at the back) So the shop you are refering to is directly opp the front artfriend shop ? Like to get one to try out....

Comment

Thanks for the info!!! Keep it coming

Super-Hornet

Comment

Hey Loyn, i tihnk a better description would be directly across Swee Lee, my memory is blurred though. Maybe one floor below. I'll ask a friend who followed to confirm.

Comment

Great, thanks so much for sharing. Now i can try it on my boat...

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
                        (

Comment

That's Great Mathieu, this thread is indeed very useful to everyone!
                          Keep on posting more of this type of build threads!

Comment

More than happy to share.

Stuka, just to be on the safe side, i'll immerse a piece of glassed foam to make sure the resin does not dissolve, highly unlikely as its acrylic, nonetheless, let you know the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu
                              Heres the Resin, its from the shop across Art Friend. Cant remember the name, sorry. Will update when possible.
                              Mathieu, how much is this Pro-Binder stuff?
                              Is the shop's name called Straits Commercial?

Comment

Its $10 for the bottle, can use for ~2 gws planes. Thats with a few coats. Not sure about the name, wish i knew. Will let you'll know asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X