Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probond is packaged as Elmer's "Ultimate glue" now. It is polyurethane. foam-safe , it will expand with water.used it to repair my plane works well. can get it at art-friend or Home-fix diy shops. hope it helps

cheers
    what's next?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazon
      probond is packaged as Elmer's "Ultimate glue" now. It is polyurethane. foam-safe , it will expand with water.used it to repair my plane works well. can get it at art-friend or Home-fix diy shops. hope it helps

cheers
      Thanks Mazon!!! So its like $9 for that tiny bottle right? Pretty expensive stuff but I guess this is v good for filling gaps in foam.

Comment

Anybody willing to do glassing for a fee?

It might be a good idea if somebody provide this service to the members here ...

ON/OFF ROAD
        XJ220
        TT01R
        SavageSS
        Mini Madness & Inferno

NIBs
        F16 350

AIR
        Electrajet EP10A & 10B
        Lama V3, PicooZ x3

RIP- P51D x 2, F3A, Spitfire x2, F16 400, SU27x2, F15, G202, F16 350
        SOLD- BAT EP, Garuda, UCANDO3D, GWS Zero, EStarter, Formosa2 x2, P51D, ME109, Hyper7PRO, DF60&60#B, Bell47G, Lama5#5, FW05, KanaiII, 9CAP
        DONATED- F16, Formosa 2, Flying Wing, Funny Park, WD, WD Sportster, F4U, Reflection 3D

Comment

Glassing Demo

Mike, It been a while since last mention, if anyone wants to host a demo for glassing. I don't mind hosting one, if you all are interested. We could do it on a Sat afternoon at my school workshop, but one of you must bring a plane and the materials to do it.

Comment

Yup, Probond is now available at Home Fix DIY. I use it for mounting Robart Hinge Points in my gassers. Once in, it's virtually impossible to pull out because the stuff expands in the hole to really plug it up good and tight. Works better than epoxy which I had used before.
            To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Hi Guys,
              After reading that glassing thread decided to glass my Formosa.
              I usually paint my foam with Tamiya paint for plastic models. Is the paint going to stick as good as on foam on the fiber cloth after the glassing?
              Thanks.
              Cheers
              Raptor 50 - Fully Upgrade[/B][/COLOR]

Spitfire 25 Size - EP

Comment

Hi, i;m gonna glass this... any recommendations?

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21851

do i use the initial stuff that were recommened at the 1st post?

Also, how many coats are needed to give it max strength before it becomes redundant?

What to do with the excess cloth after the drying of the resin?

regards
                tom,
                DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cdckjn
                  Mike, It been a while since last mention, if anyone wants to host a demo for glassing. I don't mind hosting one, if you all are interested. We could do it on a Sat afternoon at my school workshop, but one of you must bring a plane and the materials to do it.
                  When is it? I;m interested...
                  DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

me tooo

Comment

Hi all, nice to know this thread is still active after what feels like a long time. Haha. Havent been able to fly the past 2 years due to time contraints with school and CCA... Certainly would wish to be able to do a demo but at this time am ill equipped to do so, perhaps someone who has tried it should do one.

I think my method isnt the best and can be refined more. Only glassed the one formosa that i was pretty pleased with, however, ive heard the resin isnt ideal on other foams, including depron ( it doesnt stick good to the wax-like laminate?). If i remember correctly, the rcgroups thread i tried to follow recommended a polycrylic resin. Do post any refinements, on this thread or otherwise, to make the glassing process easier.

Thanks and regards!
                      Mat

Comment

Originally posted by TomcatFLYER
                        Hi, i;m gonna glass this... any recommendations?

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21851

do i use the initial stuff that were recommened at the 1st post?

Also, how many coats are needed to give it max strength before it becomes redundant?

What to do with the excess cloth after the drying of the resin?

regards
                        tom,
                        Hey, nice F-14 you got there. Have you tried glassing it?

I liked the resin i used because it was light and provided sufficient strengh so that the plane remained stiff with the added power. You might want to look at other sites for alternatives, however.

After the powder coat, the suface will be smooth, any futher coats will not get into the weaves so i would recommend only 2 coats.

After applying the resin, i cut the ends off, for example, one piece of cloth for the top of the wing and another for the bottom. A little overlap at the edges is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu
                          Hey, nice F-14 you got there. Have you tried glassing it?

I liked the resin i used because it was light and provided sufficient strengh so that the plane remained stiff with the added power. You might want to look at other sites for alternatives, however.

After the powder coat, the suface will be smooth, any futher coats will not get into the weaves so i would recommend only 2 coats.

After applying the resin, i cut the ends off, for example, one piece of cloth for the top of the wing and another for the bottom. A little overlap at the edges is fine.

pardon my crudeness,

i got no balls to glass it... hahhaha i'm still a noob... dun wanna screw it up...i 'm looking for glassing lessons, or help when i decide to start building it... Thanks for the compliments for the tomcat though... hahaha
                          DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

yo bros, anyone knows where else to get the global colours binder thingy other than saga city....

they sold out already... then not refilling stocks till september...
                            DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Just got myself some glass cloth today but no binder to be found at Sagacity. Weird thing is that the shop people didn't seem to know the product even after showing them a picture of it. All they gave me was a funny look.

Anyone knows of a substitute or a similar medium that falls under another brand or name?

Or better still, anyone willing to let go some balance binder that they don't need anymore?

Thanks!

Comment

Hey, not sure if i mentioned this before, at the time i was looking for polycrylic resin as suggested by a thread rcgroups. But i couldnt find any so i bought the stuff from sagacity. It worked well for me, in fact the glass is still strong on the formosa, two years on. However, ive heard that it doesnt work on balsa and some other foams, including depron. Perhaps someone who has tried alternatives could respond. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X