Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building Ultrafly Cessna 182

Guys, i need some guidances & tips in building this plane as this is my first plane. Been flying heli all this while so know nothing abt building planes.

From the manual, it is gave me a table of APC Propeller, Firstone Gearbox, Gear Ratio, Power input in Volts, Amps & Watts, Prop RPM & Pitch Speed in km/hr. Question is I can't understand that terminology that the table is stating.

Also how do i know which motor, esc, servos to get?

For a brushless setup, most 400 size outrunners of about 800-900+kV should do fine with a 25 amp ESC. As for servos, 9g should suffice. Stuff like the HS-55.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu
      For a brushless setup, most 400 size outrunners of about 800-900+kV should do fine with a 25 amp ESC. As for servos, 9g should suffice. Stuff like the HS-55.
      wat abt those esky servo? is it reliable? N wat prop shoud i get for BL setup?

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn
        From the manual, it is gave me a table of APC Propeller, Firstone Gearbox, Gear Ratio, Power input in Volts, Amps & Watts, Prop RPM & Pitch Speed in km/hr. Question is I can't understand that terminology that the table is stating.
        Go to this link http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7100376/tm.htm. "EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ELECTRIC POWERED FLIGHT"

It will answer all your questions and also give lots of info on electric power systems.

Comment

Originally posted by DL8698
          Go to this link http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7100376/tm.htm. "EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ELECTRIC POWERED FLIGHT"

It will answer all your questions and also give lots of info on electric power systems.
          thanks bro

Comment

Hi all,

Need some help from u guys.

My Cessna is almost complete. But the problem I'm facing is I have 1 servo each for my ailerons. How do i mix them into my JR9X2 so that when I left aileron my stick, 1 servo move, when I right aileron my stick, the other servo move?

Thanks for ur inputs!

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
              Hi all,

Need some help from u guys.

My Cessna is almost complete. But the problem I'm facing is I have 1 servo each for my ailerons. How do i mix them into my JR9X2 so that when I left aileron my stick, 1 servo move, when I right aileron my stick, the other servo move?

Thanks for ur inputs!
              Hi janson,

Look up in your TX manual for mixing aileron, the way it's supposed to work is if u left or right on ur stick, one side up, the other down. Generaly, the right servo goes to aileron or channel 2 on ur RX and 5 or 6 for the left channel, then go to your TX, look up for aileron and turn it on. I don't own a JR so the setting usually lies in the manual.

cheers!
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by nixaad View Post
                Hi janson,

Look up in your TX manual for mixing aileron, the way it's supposed to work is if u left or right on ur stick, one side up, the other down. Generaly, the right servo goes to aileron or channel 2 on ur RX and 5 or 6 for the left channel, then go to your TX, look up for aileron and turn it on. I don't own a JR so the setting usually lies in the manual.

cheers!
                Ok, i've got it already.Thanks. Maidened it this morning. Good trainer for beginner

Comment

Good for you dude. Any photos to share of your Cessna? I think I have a Cessna NIB from JH lying around.
                  Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
                  Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

Grats on your maiden.any reviews?
                    Plane 1:
                    FreeWing F-15
                    Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
                    GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
                    Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Chen View Post
                      Good for you dude. Any photos to share of your Cessna? I think I have a Cessna NIB from JH lying around.
                      Ok, i will take some pics on this Sat FF n post it by weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by JieZ View Post
                        Grats on your maiden.any reviews?
                        Thanks.

Not bad for a beginner. Tis is my 1st plane, so far no problems during maiden flight, still able to do some loops.

It is stable enough, despite of some strong wind. I think is because of the long wing span n the weight that is helping it to be stable. Btw I'm using those 3S 2200mah batt

Comment

Oh I see.still deciding on this cessna or the Sky Hawk from JH.I wanna fly asap after O levels.lol.
                          My setup is:
                          4 x ESky 9g servos
                          1 x JH2812-1534KV Outrunner motor
                          1 x 18A ESC
                          1 x 2S 1900mAh lipo
                          1 x 9 x 6 prop.

Any advise?
                          Plane 1:
                          FreeWing F-15
                          Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
                          GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
                          Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

Originally posted by JieZ View Post
                            Oh I see.still deciding on this cessna or the Sky Hawk from JH.I wanna fly asap after O levels.lol.
                            My setup is:
                            4 x ESky 9g servos
                            1 x JH2812-1534KV Outrunner motor
                            1 x 18A ESC
                            1 x 2S 1900mAh lipo
                            1 x 9 x 6 prop.

Any advise?
                            I have nva fly the sky hawk b4 so can't comment much.

But if u nva fly a plane b4, u can try the Cessna to clock flying hours.
                            If u have experience in flying plane, u can get the Sky hawk

Anyway it's just my opinion

Comment

Yes, if this is your first plane go for Cessna, the Sky Hawk could be a hand full for first timer.

Have you practice on sim before? You need to think though how you going to fly the plane. That is once you throttle, the plane moves forward and take-off. You turning right or left? Follow by circling the field. Also the landing, the approach and land.

Oh, don’t forget to setup the plane and checks before taking off.

Good luck.
                              Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X