Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop Recommendation for Ehawk 1500

Hi,

Any recommendations for prop size for the ehawk 1500? I would like to use aero-naut props together with the stock Ripper motor and 40A ESC. Thanks...

10x6
    sigpic
    FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Haha, the e-hawk should not be overpowered. I learnt the hard way, used a axi 2212/26 with a 9x7 and the wings folded in a shallow dive.

Comment

the wings folder because u dive it. not the prop la.

its a glider not a warmliner or a hotliner.

one of my good friend had a omei glider and put power pack motor. zoom straight up it went.. then told him relex and dont dive. refuse to listen, dive the bugger.. end up with a pile of trash at the end of the day.

some people just dont listen enough. never never dive a glider.. you are supose to fly it down smooth and nice.
        i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
          10x6
          10x6 sounds good... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by basher
            Hi,

Any recommendations for prop size for the ehawk 1500? I would like to use aero-naut props together with the stock Ripper motor and 40A ESC. Thanks...
            i find the stock set up is a little under powered, do u feel so?
            the ehawk 1500 is a real beauty, i used to fly the 1.4m version and when the 1.5m came out, i sold mine and get it.
            -Ehawk 2000 Pro
            -Mouton 1600 EV
            -AMD micro chili
            -HK Kinetic800
            -SF Learjet45

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu
              Haha, the e-hawk should not be overpowered. I learnt the hard way, used a axi 2212/26 with a 9x7 and the wings folded in a shallow dive.
              Hi Mathieu, could i ask which part of the wings failed? Did the CF joiners give way?

Thanks!

Comment

Hey Gecky, the CF didnt give way but the balsa cracked through it. I do agree with fuse, in hindsight i made the plane do something it wasnt designed to do. Just be careful when using more powerful setup than is required.

Comment

Thanks for the info Mathieu!

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu
                    Change the 4mm carbon tubes to aluminium RODs. Or you might wanna skin off the wing and mount 2 aileron servos in the wing. I screwed my 1st Ehawk1500, its my 2nd one now. 1400kv motor on 2s 2p 1000mah serial link(4s) Its a rocket ship But I hate the v-tail controls. Servo horn can only put on the 2nd hole max...
                    sigpic
                    FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
                      Change the 4mm carbon tubes to aluminium RODs. Or you might wanna skin off the wing and mount 2 aileron servos in the wing. I screwed my 1st Ehawk1500, its my 2nd one now. 1400kv motor on 2s 2p 1000mah serial link(4s) Its a rocket ship But I hate the v-tail controls. Servo horn can only put on the 2nd hole max...
                      Hey Raven, could you post some photos of your mod? Did u keep the torque rods?
                      I'm trying to mod my for wing mounted servos as well.

Comment

See this thread for mods to the Ehawk,

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780835

I had a lot of problem with the aft wing mount. Had to use a lot of epoxy to create a base flat enough to mount the securing plate. Broke the original laser cut plywood and had to re-fabricate a new plate...

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
                          the wings folder because u dive it. not the prop la.

its a glider not a warmliner or a hotliner.

one of my good friend had a omei glider and put power pack motor. zoom straight up it went.. then told him relex and dont dive. refuse to listen, dive the bugger.. end up with a pile of trash at the end of the day.

some people just dont listen enough. never never dive a glider.. you are supose to fly it down smooth and nice.
                          I din know glider wing will fold. I dive my EZ Glider many times and nothing happen, the glider just pull up back nicely.

Think the Elapor foam from MPX is tough

Comment

Originally posted by hoppie
                            I din know glider wing will fold. I dive my EZ Glider many times and nothing happen, the glider just pull up back nicely.

Think the Elapor foam from MPX is tough
                            Dont compare an apple with a orange. You aint see what is call a dive yet. Speed of EPP planes and Fully moulded Carbon Fiber/Kevlar planes are worlds apart. Ez glider 300mph? NO WAY! I think 30mph also got problem

Knowing Fuse for so many years, he is one of the F5B class pilot. I think he knows what he is toking about.
                            sigpic
                            FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Originally posted by basher
                              See this thread for mods to the Ehawk,

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780835

I had a lot of problem with the aft wing mount. Had to use a lot of epoxy to create a base flat enough to mount the securing plate. Broke the original laser cut plywood and had to re-fabricate a new plate...
                              i broke mine too!!
                              -Ehawk 2000 Pro
                              -Mouton 1600 EV
                              -AMD micro chili
                              -HK Kinetic800
                              -SF Learjet45

Comment

Working...
                              X