Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sparky 400

Anyone try this Sparky 400 or the Scooter...... wanna knw how well this bird can fly.......

Wow! Sparky 400. That name brings back memories. It was the very first electric plane I flew back in 2002. She's a very gentle bird with good glide characteristics. Solid build with stiff fuselage and wings. Good beginner plane due to the amount of dihedral in the wing. You do need to give it a lot of rudder throw. However, Sparky uses a geared drive system, which is very prone to bending if your landings tend to be the nose down first type! If I had a Sparky again today, I think she would have been a much more durable ship with a direct drive brushless system. Also, I flew with 800mAh Ni-Cds. Today, she'd probably stay afloat for an hour on a 2S 2100 Li-Po.

She flies best in calm conditions. Since she has no ailerons, she doesn't cope well with too much wind. I learnt this the hard way when I took her to bedok and did not have enough authority to land her on the slope. But she did stay up for a long time. All in all, a good basic electirc trainer which can take off from the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Nexxster
      Wow! Sparky 400. That name brings back memories. It was the very first electric plane I flew back in 2002. She's a very gentle bird with good glide characteristics. Solid build with stiff fuselage and wings. Good beginner plane due to the amount of dihedral in the wing. You do need to give it a lot of rudder throw. However, Sparky uses a geared drive system, which is very prone to bending if your landings tend to be the nose down first type! If I had a Sparky again today, I think she would have been a much more durable ship with a direct drive brushless system. Also, I flew with 800mAh Ni-Cds. Today, she'd probably stay afloat for an hour on a 2S 2100 Li-Po.

She flies best in calm conditions. Since she has no ailerons, she doesn't cope well with too much wind. I learnt this the hard way when I took her to bedok and did not have enough authority to land her on the slope. But she did stay up for a long time. All in all, a good basic electirc trainer which can take off from the ground.
      Ok...read alot abt tis plane in the rc group forum...alot of good comments..when i were using the stock motor (400) given to u...does it run hot after few mins of flight..

Comment

The stock 400 motor will get pretty hot when it runs, as is normal for all speed 400 motors. But I normally flew her at full throttle just to get up to altitude, then cut the power and did a lazy long glide back down and up again. I got about 3 climbs with the ni-cd pack. You'll definitely fly for longer on today's Li-Pos. Don't worry about the motor getting hot. It's very exposed to lots of airflow, and 400 motors are pretty much expendable items anyway. Cheers! And photos please if you ever do get her.

Comment

Working...
        X