Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Touch n Go
    yeah, 1/2A planes are real fun to fly. its very interesting to convert a ep foamie to nitro foamie. from .049 to .25 engines, practically all the gws bird can be converted!!..
    my next project wil be a fomosa I with OS.15LA

kip up the good work guys!
    Thanks bro

The OS15 LA is quite light so it would be great for your Formosa.

I've used an ASP 15 on a balsa Extra 300 of around 900mm wing span and it can almost do 3D - due to a little more power produced by the ball-raced ASP engine, but there is a weight penalty. I recently got a Magnum 25 (also ball-raced) from a LHS and it weighs almost the same as an OS40 LA

Anyway, can't beat OS quality... the MIC engines need a little more tender care in running-in, but if they get past that stage, they are little powerhouses for their small size.
    If in doubt - add more horsepower!

Comment

Originally posted by hoppie
      Wow fierce! Heh bro, with the added power, maybe you would like to strengthen the wing further?

When maiden must jio me leh hehe.........where do u fly?
      Hi pal;

I am beginning to regret the strengthening as it is adding a bit of weight. Lets wait and see. Btw I fly at Tampines and stay around there too. Woodlands is a bit way off.....but there are a few big open fields there...

Comment

Originally posted by Doraemon
        Thanks bro

The OS15 LA is quite light so it would be great for your Formosa.

I've used an ASP 15 on a balsa Extra 300 of around 900mm wing span and it can almost do 3D - due to a little more power produced by the ball-raced ASP engine, but there is a weight penalty. I recently got a Magnum 25 (also ball-raced) from a LHS and it weighs almost the same as an OS40 LA

Anyway, can't beat OS quality... the MIC engines need a little more tender care in running-in, but if they get past that stage, they are little powerhouses for their small size.
        great bro!.. any pics of ur Extra 300?wat brand is that?
        OS engine are known for reliability and ease of tuning. too bad they dun have engine smaller than 0.10
        -Ehawk 2000 Pro
        -Mouton 1600 EV
        -AMD micro chili
        -HK Kinetic800
        -SF Learjet45

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Slayer
          Hi pal;

I am beginning to regret the strengthening as it is adding a bit of weight. Lets wait and see. Btw I fly at Tampines and stay around there too. Woodlands is a bit way off.....but there are a few big open fields there...
          i think strengthening is part of converting.. i feel that the 0.61 is powerful to take the additional load..
          hope to c vid of ur glow stick soon
          -Ehawk 2000 Pro
          -Mouton 1600 EV
          -AMD micro chili
          -HK Kinetic800
          -SF Learjet45

Comment

Hi pal;

U just need to strengthen the wing, i would suggest you get a aluminium tube just like wat was given, bent it to shape, stick 2 carbon rod, 1 on each side and epoxy to the wing will do. then Tape them in. That should do the trick. Actually the fiber stick given not strong, i use carbon rod instead.

Comment

Some photos of wat i did, but mine is flat wings so i actually use a brass stick, it's much stronger than the aluminium.

I use a Balsa wood and stick it through the fuse, might not be necessary but it did save me from splitting my fuse on a few heavy crashes, i just CA back the splitting portion and vola

Comment

Originally posted by Touch n Go
                great bro!.. any pics of ur Extra 300?wat brand is that?
                OS engine are known for reliability and ease of tuning. too bad they dun have engine smaller than 0.10
                The plane is a Modeltech mini magic extra 20/480. Comes with motor mounts for either a .15 to .20 nitro engine or a 480 size electric motor. Flys like a scalded cat! I've side-lined her for the time being because not having flown rc planes for a few years, an aerobatic plane was not the ideal machine to regain my wings with Turned my hair grey when I maidended her at Punggol reclaimed land... managed to fly her twice without damage, but I want to fly rc planes to de-stress, not to get stressed

Will post some pictures later

Comment

Very nice work Hoppie

Don, dun worry about a little more weight - it will help with wind penetration But do strengthen the wing as recommended by the bros

Comment

Very nice work Hoppie

Don, dun worry about a little more weight - it will help with wind penetration But do strengthen the wing as recommended by the bros
                    Yo Pal;

I did exactly that but it is counter productive. The extra weight of the fibreglass cloth and epoxy on the wing made it nearly impossible for the SS to fly properly even with the .061! I got no choice but to remove the fibreglass. It flies much better. I think the problem is also because I put too small a prop (5X4) I have bought a 7X3 and waiting to try it out

Comment

Yo Pal;

I did exactly that but it is counter productive. The extra weight of the fibreglass cloth and epoxy on the wing made it nearly impossible for the SS to fly properly even with the .061! I got no choice but to remove the fibreglass. It flies much better. I think the problem is also because I put too small a prop (5X4) I have bought a 7X3 and waiting to try it out
                      Good luck man BTW, how does the .061 perform? Were the RPMs good?

Comment

Good luck man BTW, how does the .061 perform? Were the RPMs good?
                        The AP .061 was SUPERB! Best is go with a 6X4 Master Airscrew (comes in pack of 2). I have tried 7X3 and 8X4. Max RPM is achieved with a 5X4. Anything bigger (i.e. an 8") and the engine doesn't rev up.

Fuel economy is EXCELLENT! At least 20min on a 90cc tank with about 70% max throttle.

Comment

Working...
                        X