Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New

I'm new to RC airplanes and I'm hoping to get advice/help here My friends and I are looking for a plane to scratch build so which plane model is most suitable and where can we get the blueprint/plan?

Are you oredi able to fly? If you are a beginner just learning to fly, better to buy a RTF or ARTF planes...

Building a plane without any knowledge is difficult....

Good Luck.
    かみかぜ

Comment

I have the soft copy of the Herr Startlite in Autocad version (DWG).
      Help! Herr StarLite once featured in R/C Microflight Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models

Comment

Hi Frecklesboy

Welcome to this hobby. Firstly, if you're just starting out, it'll be good for you to have some basic knowledge regarding flight and RC planes. Meeting people and talking to them at fun flies are the best way to start off. Reading through related books also helps. One book which helped me out alot in understanding how things works is available at the Daddy Hobby Library. Check out this link: http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12918

If you have not gotten anything yet, my suggestion is to really look around. and get the advice of more experienced flyer at the fun flies nearest to you.

Cheers
        Adnan
        Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
        Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap
          I have the soft copy of the Herr Startlite in Autocad version (DWG).
          http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661091
          Hi, Joe. The AutoCAD version plan was not found in the address mentioned. Would it be possible to post the DWG file in DH thread?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by frecklesboy
            I'm new to RC airplanes and I'm hoping to get advice/help here My friends and I are looking for a plane to scratch build so which plane model is most suitable and where can we get the blueprint/plan?
            Sounds like you're into SPADs (simple plastic airplane designs). But I recommend you just build the plane first, and then leave out the motor and ESC system, make an appointment with Alex, and then he'll set you up. All the spads listed in the website are for internal combustion engines.

"Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
              Sounds like you're into SPADs (simple plastic airplane designs). But I recommend you just build the plane first, and then leave out the motor and ESC system, make an appointment with Alex, and then he'll set you up. All the spads listed in the website are for internal combustion engines.

www.spadtothebone.com
              Thanks for the replies. Actually I do know about some aerodynamics, flight controls and pretty much played around with some flight simulators. I want to know how I can build an RC airplane and make it FLY. Anyway, who's Alex?

Comment

Originally posted by renold
                Hi, Joe. The AutoCAD version plan was not found in the address mentioned. Would it be possible to post the DWG file in DH thread?

Thanks.
                No. I'm not authorized to do that, and neither the designer and kit manufacturer will allow that. It was a free downloadable plan in the previous R/C Microlight website, but has already defunct since.

If you want a copy, just send me your email.

Comment

Thanks Joe. But your PM mail box is full. I wish to PM you my email address.

Comment

Sorry, just deleted tonnes of "Sent items". You can shoot now.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Actually I do know about some aerodynamics, flight controls and pretty much played around with some flight simulators. I want to know how I can build an RC airplane and make it FLY. Anyway, who's Alex?
                      Knowing about some aerodynamics, flight controls and pretty much played around with some flight simulators are not helpful enough. You must do actual flying then you know it's difference from simulator, it only help you on orenitation.... The plane's setup and characterisic also play an important part....

Good Luck
                      かみかぜ

Comment

Hmm, okay thanks. Does anyone know where the flyers at sembawang went?

Comment

Hmm, okay thanks. Does anyone know where the flyers at sembawang went?
                          the site was closed down for constrution i guess.so sad.
                          Plane 1:
                          FreeWing F-15
                          Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
                          GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
                          Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

Then nearby is Woodland lor.....
                            かみかぜ

Comment

This might help
                              My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
                              (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
                              (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
                              (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
                              (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
                              (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
                              Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
                              JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

Working...
                              X