• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Experience Jupiter F3A

Jupiter F3A by Phoenix Model
    My experience:
    Maiden my jupiter by phoenix model on last Sat

The bulid quality by phoenix have improve lately , the construction of the jupiter was very neat and light
    It uses two servo for the elevator , cable wire for the rudder and the rest are standed .
    For power I bolt on my YS63 it may be over kill but i like the torque
    control throw are aileron : 15cm
    elevator: 10cm
    rudder: max
    cg was 30 % from the leading edge

Took it to the flying field. wind was about 5 < 8 knots.
    Started the YS did the normal check ,taxi out to the runway, power up slow and easy did a long take off . Sweet and smooth as it lifted off into the sky, trimming ,3 click right ,3 click down and she is flying straight and true,
    Did a down wind leg on a left hand race course patten , flew about 6 to 12 ft off the ground straight and level , pull it up for a half cuban, nice no problem,and to a down wind again. Come in high this time around input right aileron and kick in left rudder into a knife edge sweet! Big smile on my face with the power and torque of the YS she hold the the knife edge straight and true for a good 80m till i flip it back on her belly. For me when i input control the Manövers felt light and precise . Point round are good very little down elevator are needed, four point roll are smooth. Snap roll look good did not use high rate. Did a few more flight and come in for landing. Throttle down on the down wind leg it handel well on low speed as soon as i had her line up on the runway push the throttle stick down and she touch down. Sweet and slow landing all in control . Taxi her back and cut throttle phew! that was awesome .
    The jupiter, i must say is a good flying model given the reasonable price you pay. Cheers till next time

seems like its a very good flying plane. Does it have a two piece wing? The covering on this plane is those quality monokote type or the cheaper sticky plastic-plastic paper type?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon
      seems like its a very good flying plane. Does it have a two piece wing? The covering on this plane is those quality monokote type or the cheaper sticky plastic-plastic paper type?
      `

Yes it comes with two pice wing and the covering are of momokote type.

Comment

Nice review.. Been eyeing it to replace my downed Spot On 50.

How much did you pay for it?

Thanks
        -Feda Dragonfly
        -Hornet 2
        -Pilot OK Turmeric
        -Zoom Zoom 4D
        -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
        -Hornet X3D
        -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
        -Formosa 1
        -World Models Spot On 50
        -HB King 2
        -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
        -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
        (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

Originally posted by Fit
          Nice review.. Been eyeing it to replace my downed Spot On 50.

How much did you pay for it?

Thanks
          Thanks , i paid about $180 with GST , how is the spot on 50. i am also looking at the Beat ON 50 by EZ heard is a great F3A Plane.
          cheers

Comment

Originally posted by swooper
            Thanks , i paid about $180 with GST , how is the spot on 50. i am also looking at the Beat ON 50 by EZ heard is a great F3A Plane.
            cheers
            The sad part is it crashed on the 4th flight before i even had a chance to
            get a feel for it. The first 3 flights were all just putting around running in the engine, didnt really get a feel for the plane.

Engine flamed out and ended up in a tree. Sheared both wings clean. Fuse and tail feathers sufffered light damage. Very sayang to decomission. Most likely will try to repair it. But not very sure how. Gotta figure it out..

I was interested in the Beat On too but its just too expensive.
            -Feda Dragonfly
            -Hornet 2
            -Pilot OK Turmeric
            -Zoom Zoom 4D
            -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
            -Hornet X3D
            -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
            -Formosa 1
            -World Models Spot On 50
            -HB King 2
            -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
            -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
            (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

Sorry for your loss bro. I know this was some time ago but do you remember how you got your desired CG? Coz it's a long plane and mine is very tail heavy. Thanks.

Comment

Is the Beat On by EZ now available again? I thought that it was discontinued some time back already. It was sold as an ARF and a kit and I had thought of purchasing the kit but procrastinated only to find out later that the kit was discontinued. I have heard that it was a great plane for aerobatics.
                To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Working...
                X