Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FlatSpin

May I know how many type of plane can do 'flatspin'?
    We've been trying normal trainer plane and TT Super Decarltron, result is not good at all. It's only spin but no flat!

Thanks for the input.
    Rgds,
    Robo.
    RC, HAM & IT

If not miss taken many 3D plane is able to do that as you need a very large rudder to counter act the aileron. At the same time, high thrust to pull the plane into flatspin. Have down that with my homemade profile 3D plane, just need get the right rudder and aileron input.

I think those pattern plane may able to do it too...... but trainer ?????

Comment

Off the top of my head,
      The plane should have:
      - a large enough rudder to give a drastic yaw.
      - a wing that has very little or no dihedral, as the dihedral would induce a roll with rudder deflection.
      - sufficient power to pull out of the spin.

Comment

The ultimate bipe is a flat spin king...upright or inverted...Sig Sometin' Extra is good too but extend the rudder by an inch or so.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
        (

Comment

Well, my little 15 size low wing trainer does that very well. Not excessively powerful and has fair amount of dihedral. The trick is to let the plane fall into a spin, and not a spiral dive. Climb high, cut the throttle and keep the nose pointing up, apply full up elevator, full left or right rudder AND A QUICK BURST OF POWER when it stalls. Once entered a spin, slam down the throttle and hold the elevator the rudder deflection. Next, put some opposite aileron and snap accel the throttle full again. Watch the plane instantly turn into a flower spinning down from a tree! To recovery, slam back the throttle, let go all the sticks to neutral and push the nose down. No Power needed or the prop torque might cause the plane to enter a spin again. Try it, big fun!

Comment

Thanks a lot for the advises!
            Appreciated.
            RC, HAM & IT

Comment

Lets do it at the Royal Airfield tomorrow.
              FUTABA T6XAs
              HiTec Optic 6
              Cherokee
              Eagle 3D 50S

T-34 Mentor-40
              Super Sports 60
              Honey Bee King 2

Comment

Working...
              X