Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update 08/11

With the failed cardboard attempt, i redid the pvc holder with ply

Dremel with router bit comes into good use Imagine having to saw those curves??!

I got a decent cowl but gave up on the idea because I still cannot get the size right after 4 attempts! Will go with a solid foam cowl...

Front Wing mount using two 3mm dowel

Battery tray with velcro

Battery bay hatch

Wing covering with Doculam. Will spray paint it for color

Tailfeathers and wings spray painted white and put in place. The vertical stab (not shown in photo) is quite flimsy due as its just glued on one of the stringers on the fuse. May have to add some tri stock for more support at a later stage.

Prep fuse for spray painting - inside of fuse is covered with newspaper

Added windows...

Finally!

Front and rear windscreen were cut out from a plastic bottle.

Comment

Maiden report on 08/11/07

Went down to PFW with Renold around noon today. Chekgu and another bro just finished flipping their heli around. Nice flying

Wind was pretty gusty but I decided to go ahead and try my luck... after some ground check, it's all good to go! Throttle up, maintain steering direction, gently up elevator and up she goes! ROG in <5m.

Up in the air, it took 4 clicks of down elevator and 2 clicks of left ailerons to trim out. The plane pitches up gently on throttle but is no surprise. Perhaps the downthrust built-in is insufficient for the relatively more powerful motor i'm using.

Overall, I'm very happy with this build! No bad tendencies, responsive and tight aileron turns. Landings are also easy... the main gears are strong enough to take some "bounce" and nose wheels steers the plane well. Only regret is not having used thicker piano wire for the nose wheel control rods as they get flexed out of position on those bouncy landings. Oh, i must also add that she handled pretty well in those gusty winds.

Another gentle plane for those relaxing flights to my collection!

Comment

nice plane bro...
        wads ROG?
        Plane 1:
        FreeWing F-15
        Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
        GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
        Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

Originally posted by JieZ
          nice plane bro...
          wads ROG?
          Thanks

ROG...i believe it stands for Rise Off Ground. Pardon me if i got it wrong. Nonetheless, ROG refers to the typical taxiing of the plane on the runway and on its own power, lift off the ground. This is contrary to hand launching, bungee,discus etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gEcky
            Thanks

ROG...i believe it stands for Rise Off Ground. Pardon me if i got it wrong. Nonetheless, ROG refers to the typical taxiing of the plane on the runway and on its own power, lift off the ground. This is contrary to hand launching, bungee,discus etc.
            ooo.ic.haha.thx for your explaination!
            Plane 1:
            FreeWing F-15
            Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
            GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
            Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

Video!

Some raw videos taken by Renold. Thanks bro!

Second Flight

Some Touch&Go and landing

Comment

Very nice flying brother.

Comment

This is great Bro! Nice plane.
                  I woke up this morning, preparing to fly, but it was raining!!!

I continued with my KF glider build today. Will be posting some progress report later.

MS

Comment

Kah Man: Almost there! Nowadays the weather is unpredictable... Its been cloudy all day but no rain.

Renold: faster get ur glider built!

Comment

Trying hard to build the Bug. Got half wing section almost done. But still need to overcome the covering works.

Comment

Added a simple paint scheme....Everything is spray painted with a stencil.

Comment

Originally posted by gEcky View Post
                          I got inspired when i came across this thread on RC groups. In a couple of days I received the plans from DBlum, designer and originator of this model!

Here's my progress... As usual, i'll need some inputs as i'll need to mod the build a lil to fit my existing electronics....

Plans & material

Ribs...

With numerous balsa strips required for stringers, tail feathers etc.,it's a good thing i got a balsa stripper

Tail feathers from 3/32 x 1/8 sticks

Wings constructed. I have replaced the spars with hardwood instead of balsa. I've also made adjustments for ailerons (seen in later pic)

Wing tips

Wings joined with (3/32 balsa+CF tow +3/32 balsa) laminated spar

Aileron servo

Fuse construction starts...

more to come...... stay tuned!
                          how did you print the plan?

Comment

i already have the file in pdf format... i was wondering that if i will print it, it will not be the same like your plan... when you print it, does it print in its original form? thanks

Comment

Wow! 5yrs on already?

Jnmsteel, the plans are not in A4/letter. You'll need to find a software like acrobat or adobe pro to tile the pages so that you can print it 1:1. You'll then have to pieces the pages together to form the plan like you see here.

An easier option is to save the files on a usb drive and head to printing shops that do large format printing. Queensway shopping centre and i think Selegie shopping centre has a few of such shops.

Comment

Working...
                              X