Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flaps radio setup.

Hi Guys

I want to do flaps mixing with throttle.
    This is to say, I have a switch that makes my flaps active. As long as my throttle is above 1/4 stick, the flaps will not come down. After 1/4 stick I get full down flaps.

Should I abort landing, switch off the flaps switch below 1/2 throttle will not move the flaps up. The flaps will only goes up above 1/2 throttle. That way I can be sure that my engine spool up, increase my airspeed before the flaps goes up.

The function is almost similiar to glider deploying air brakes via throttle stick. Need to vary the programme a little to suit your need. Some TX has this function preprogrammed, others got to do lots of mixing.

Comment

I tried it out as like airbrakes but it seem the flaps only move to a certain amount. It does move the full range, the radio is set to 150% mixing.

Comment

You have to check the mixing values. Setting ATV to 150% will not solve the problem if the mixer is only set to 50%.

Comment

Dennis,you are looking for a hysteresis effect. I doubt the Evo can do this.

You need a feature known as a logical switch

Comment

Not for Evo. Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Can the Fixed Value with Delay 4 sec help? Because the 4 sec will have sufficient time for the plane to speed up. But I am not sure it can be activated by the throttle stick at 1/4 or it needs a phase switch.

Comment

Then all the more I doubt the possibility of such a programming, but it's my 2cents. Maybe 9CAP bros can refute me.

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis
                  Not for Evo. Futaba 9CAP
                  Oh, not Evo. Not sure 9CAP has a delay function. I think time delay is the easier way to fulfil the task.
                  Maybe 9CAP needs a left switch for left flap and a right switch for the right flap...hahahha

Comment

Dear Dennis,
                    I did my mixing on all my gliders. Problem is that you will have the same value and throttle setting. I fly full scale aircraft and when a go around is required, flaps are usually deployed as you punch the power. Will cause a nose up reaction to you have to be ready for it. Make it simple. One switch to deploy flaps independent of throttle setting. You wil be able to really fly the plane to a soft landing. Remember attitude controls airspeed throttle setting controls rate of decent. You dont want to have too many variables to screw this up as you plan your approach.
                    Cheers!
                    Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

I second Backlite207 on the purpose of the function for normal flight.

Unless u have other reason for wanting to operate that way, u can use a mixer with curves, like some people landing gear will extend below a certain throttle pt and retract above a certain point.

I have done that with 9CAP and 9x

Comment

I did that. Once I put in the offset values, the flaps wil respond with the value of the throttle.
                        Senerio is like this:

> Normal flight, full range of throttle no flaps function.
                        > Switch on flaps (switch G) throttle above 1/4 stick, nothing happen.
                        > Throttle bring down to 1/4 stick, flaps must travel to full flaps.
                        > Abort landing, switch off switch G, throttle below 1/2 stick, flaps still full down.
                        > Throttle above 1/2 stick, flaps goes to zero.

Right now the amount of flaps movement corresponds with the throttle input.
                        What I am trying to prevent is, if I have to abort landing or if i accidentally hit the switch G when my airspeed is low, I won't stall out. My safe guard is i must have full throttle to increase my airspeed before the flaps goes up.

Comment

Working...
                        X