Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What plane for beginner?

Hi guys, am thinking of getting a plane to play with one of these days.
    have zero plane experience except for a 2 channel toys r us one.

i do have spare receiver, servoes, brushless esc and motors lying about that i use for my heli though.

Anyone got suggestions for a starting beginner? Unlikely I will get more than 1 plane. And what is the difference between foam and balsa? Also, I see these electric ducted planes flying about. they fly faster than conventional planes?

come down to a flying site on Sat morning, talk to the folks there... Best source of instant info.

Cheers,
    Leon

Comment

Hi

The Diffrence ??

Balsa: If you Crash =
      Foam: If you Crash you can repair it again with glue but balsa Very hard to repair

Buy E strater Lah......It's an electric trainer....very suitable for Beginer
      Sorry for my english

Comment

Like i always tell begineer
        The GWS C-130 is a good trainer...if u want to fly scale
        My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
        (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
        (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
        (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
        (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
        (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
        Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
        JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

Originally posted by huasze
          Hi guys, am thinking of getting a plane to play with one of these days.
          have zero plane experience except for a 2 channel toys r us one.

i do have spare receiver, servoes, brushless esc and motors lying about that i use for my heli though.

Anyone got suggestions for a starting beginner? Unlikely I will get more than 1 plane. And what is the difference between foam and balsa? Also, I see these electric ducted planes flying about. they fly faster than conventional planes?
          Hey dude!

Welcome to the flying zone. Hope you remember me, came over twice, once with rudi over to ur place to get some stuff. Anyhoo, go beaver or estarter. Start foam, fly slow, get oriented, then go for better/faster planes. Trust the posters here. Some suggestions;

TX/RX - Optic 6
          Planes- GWS Beaver/Estarter
          Batts- atleast 2 (fly one got shiok meh? )
          lastly and most importantly- EXPERIENCE FLYING BUDDY.

the rest is history.

Unlikely I will get more than 1 plane.
          yeah right, judging by ur rc collections. I'd bet you'd get more planes once you're flying.

Since you stay in holland area, try ask the holland flyers for help. But, you're more than welcome to Punggol where everyone will want to help without asking if you wear skirts.

cheers!

nixaad
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

hi guys, thx for the info!

i will prob get an estarter sometime soon. how about the cessna 206 sold by jethobby? that one looks fine to me but i don't know about the flying part!
            and ducted planes? i saw people flying them and they go oh-so-fast!

nix, i vaguely remember u, but don't blame me if i can't recognise u when i see u la! my collection not that much, i'm sure many people have way more than me..

Comment

hi guys, thx for the info!

i will prob get an estarter sometime soon. how about the cessna 206 sold by jethobby? that one looks fine to me but i don't know about the flying part!
              and ducted planes? i saw people flying them and they go oh-so-fast!

nix, i vaguely remember u, but don't blame me if i can't recognise u when i see u la! my collection not that much, i'm sure many people have way more than me..

That's ok if u can't remember me, I drove a blue van. Anyhoo, go slow, start slow, fly slow. Start everything slow, in no time u'll be flying fast. Trust me, almost all the peeps I knew got 3-4 planes in a span of 2-3 months they started flying. The living proof is myself and Joe Augustine. ROFL!

cheers!
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

how bout a start using
                1) GWS beaver, 3ch plane or TT Super Cub(my fav plane lolz) , 3ch, they look similiar to me though :P
                2) GWS SlowStick 3ch plane
                or
                3) GWS E-Starter
                4) Cessna planes
                or a glider cum trainer : EasyStar or Easyglider , useful also since gliding season is coming

Which character are you test by

Comment

Working...
                X