Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strobe Light for plane?

Anybody knows where to get those white strobe lights that ‘flashes’ a few seconds, that the size of 5 cent coin ?
    Like to fit it on the wing tip on one of my nitro planes. I went to sim lim tower but they sells those colourful blinking LEDs good for the IFOs only.

Saw one RC F-16 turbine plane fitted with one powered by a 9v battery and it looked completely awesome. Anyone to advise ? Thanks !

Hi.. Are you looking for the circuit that makes the light flashes or the powerful white led. Or both? haha. Anyway, i still thinks simlim tower sell powerful white leds, just that you need time to look around..
    And as for the circuit that makes the led flashes, you can get those circuit boards with instructions how to fix the electrical components. i can show you an example how the circuit looks like.

Hope this helps.

Build it
    Fly it
    Crash it
    Fix it

Comment

Originally posted by ebpwu
      Anybody knows where to get those white strobe lights that ‘flashes’ a few seconds, that the size of 5 cent coin ?
      Like to fit it on the wing tip on one of my nitro planes. I went to sim lim tower but they sells those colourful blinking LEDs good for the IFOs only.

Saw one RC F-16 turbine plane fitted with one powered by a 9v battery and it looked completely awesome. Anyone to advise ? Thanks !

Woo,

Go to Singapore Hobby Supplies and ask for the MPI ones.... they have the white flash strobos that you are looking for.

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
      200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
      2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
      Tel : +65 6293 3968
      Official You Tube Channel
      FACEBOOK :

Comment

Yeah, look for derrick while you're at it...
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hmmm good advices! Thanks mates! Anyone installed stuffs like that on their planes?

Comment

Jokes aside, pips hobby is selling one.

Here's the link - > http://www.rcflying.biz/RC%20Electri...anes%20GWS.htm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Yes got one of those before…good for electric and IFOs..but ideally looking for powerful strobes ones…heheheh..will hunt and share with all frens at DH

Comment

Maybe u'd like to check with SGdrifters, they blinged blinged their cars with light. Oh, the recent visit to Winnie, she's selling complete sets of lights, with electronics. I think she mentioned about $30++? check her out.

Winnie
                S'wan Model & Trading
                150 Orchard Rd #02-40 Orchard Plaza
                Tel : 6732 5227
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Just got these 3 LEDs that comes in a row instead…..Some D.I.Y. soldering required (notice the + and – signs). Choices comes in Red, White, Red or Blue Colours. Powered by anything not over 10.5v...will be using likely 9v battery source.. Will be fitted on both side on the inside of my wing tip…Pic will be shown later to check the effect.

Comment

Hi guys,

You can get a flashing light from Daiso, $2 only. It is actually for bikes, you just have to do some modification to it, It have basic programming for the sequencing and timing.

Cheers.
                    Just because we grow up, doesn't mean we stop playing...in fact, the games just get better and the toys just get bigger...

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you!" - Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Got the White flash strobos ...Mounted below the plane... Great recommendation! Thanks Derrick

Comment

Used LEDs as well...Might as well...Right Wing Tip

Comment

Left Wing Tip ...Different Colours for easy Identification during Flight

Comment

Seen from top of wing......

Comment

Dude.. it'll be cool if u vid cam it, then post it. Wanna see the effect..
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X