Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm using a carbon spar would sound like a good idea. But then again after looking through other forums, it does seem that my accident is a one of case as I don't see any other reports elsewhere. Maybe a termite decided to have a snack on my wing spar

Having said that, I would still say that the katana is a great plane for those who want to transition from foamies to a balsa. It is so stable at low speeds plus it handles very well and I was quite amazed that it could even glide so well with my 2200 mah lipo without any risk of stalling.

For those Katana owners out there, do whatever reinforcements you deem necessary and it may be a good idea to check the wing joins and spar on a regular basis to ensure that no damage has occurred that could weaken them

Happy flying

Comment

Originally posted by yoozac
      Hmmm using a carbon spar would sound like a good idea. But then again after looking through other forums, it does seem that my accident is a one of case as I don't see any other reports elsewhere. Maybe a termite decided to have a snack on my wing spar

Having said that, I would still say that the katana is a great plane for those who want to transition from foamies to a balsa. It is so stable at low speeds plus it handles very well and I was quite amazed that it could even glide so well with my 2200 mah lipo without any risk of stalling.

For those Katana owners out there, do whatever reinforcements you deem necessary and it may be a good idea to check the wing joins and spar on a regular basis to ensure that no damage has occurred that could weaken them

Happy flying
      yoozac, what motor and prop combo are u using?

Comment

I am using all the recommended stock electronics from Hyperion :

Z2213-20 MOTOR
        TITAN 20A BEC ESC
        APC 10 X 4 Prop

I think the max amp draw was about 18 Amps

Comment

Hi Derrick,

Any news from Hyperion? Thks.

Originally posted by SKYHOBBIES
          Hi Yoozac,

Sad to see your loss, I will forward your description to Hyperion HK, (not aircraft world) and hope to have their advise soon. If you dun mind I will attach your photos too... your case is genuine, you have my support!

Comment

Hi Lexin,

We have no reply from Dave yet after sending yoozac's information over. But have spoken to the warehouse guys about this issue. One of the suggestions is that may I request you to have your Katana 10E send back to me for frame inspection before you proceed to assemble yours?

Regards

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
            200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
            2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
            Tel : +65 6293 3968
            Official You Tube Channel
            FACEBOOK :

Comment

It has almost been 2 months and not a word from Hyperion!!! So much for their non-existent customer service, other than Dave from Aircraft World (who hasn’t replied me since June even after 3 mails), I can’t even find an official Hyperion website to send an email to.

This is bad considering most of the major manufacturers (eg. Fliton, ExtremeFlight, E-flite, Multiplex etc) have an avenue for product support for customers.

On a positive note however, I want to thank Derrick from Skyhobbies for his great support and help in trying to resolve this issue as well as repairing my damaged motor for free. Really appreciate it!

It is just unfortunate that Hyperion has chosen not to reply. As a customer who has owned quite a few Hyperion models in the past (6 planes !!!) I think it is a real let down.

Comment

Working...
              X