Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but drill liao how to get the hex shape of the larger eps400 prop nut on to the sf props?I am trying the hd prop coz it is suppose to load the motor less and draw less amp, so hopefully can fly longer...

no money to go brushless yet lah...motor pricing still alright, but the brushless esc is so ex...no money to buy

sigpic

Comment

drill bigger hole use washer btw the nuts.

Comment

erm...drill bigger hole, I assume is drill the hole in the prop to the size of the shaft?how to add the washer har? the nut use back or must change?The prop is spin by the nut right?

sigpic

Comment

insert into the shaft in this order.

same nut, washer, prop washer nut.

the prop is now held by the nuts pushing the washers together with the prop in the middle. so tighten more.

drill the prop to the size of the shaft.

Comment

orh...understand liao..thanks dude..

sigpic

Comment

went to try with the 1047...thought it isn't as powerful as the 1170, but it seems to be as fast...I was having problem with the rudder, the turning was quite slow, that is even with all the servo throw max out with the rod in the outer most hole of the servo and inner most hole of the flap..is this the characteristic or is it my set-up problem?It just doesn't seems to have the respond of the estarter which I would prefer...it seems kind of laggy...will increasing the area of the rudder flap helps?

Btw, other than going brushless or 3s, what can I do to make it have the ability to pull vertical?I had a few unintentional "hover" and vertical, find that even at full power, the plane will not pull up...what should I do? use a larger prop? Do I need a thrust to weight ratio of 1:1 or more for vertical?

sigpic

Comment

since no one answer...I went to give it a try, now it turns a bit better, not super fast, but way faster than how it was...I cut the extension from the extra of the square piece of foam that the rudder came with...here is a picture...glued with gws glue and duck tape on both side to prevent flexing...

sigpic

Comment

what do you use to secure the elevator and rudder surfaces?

my elevator gave way during fight. on a downwind leg... you know the rest. was on brushless and carrying brand new camera.

Comment

I am using RED colour duck tape...the tape that is supposedly very strong+sticky+water proof+layer of cloth within the tape which makes it untearable...think it was 3something for a roll at some diy shop in lot 1...so far the tape is holding...but maybe that is because I am using brushed so not so much abuse as brushless...

were you using the stock tape?How long did yours last har?mine was already not sticking very well by the third flight...

sigpic

Comment

If you found the elevator too weak, tape a 1.5mm carbon rod to the leading edge. This will improve the strength significantly. At the same time, will protect the elevator being damage.

To improve the response, increase the up ward angle of the wing. This will make the rudder more effective during turn. Of cause increase the overall size of the rudder is another way out.

Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                      X