• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse
    agreed
    i came form a rc car background..

plane not easy to fly..

heli easier :>
    plane can fly with 1 hand in mode 2......

n plane only go in 1 direction... so can go sooo high... if u forget orientation, just let go hands on a trainer n the wings will go back level..... more or less
    Last edited by yC86; 11-11-2004, 04:55 AM.
    -* Project Swift *-

Comment

Hi Nixaad,

First of all, welcome to the hobby. You may be a bit disappointed when everyone is advising you to get a starter plane instead. Rest assure this is the best advise to all beginners.

We are just like you, get drawn into this hobby by the fascination of your favourite warbird. We will attend airshows, buy and build plastics static display models and read a hell lot of history and hoping to fly an R/C model of it one day. You are just like us. Some of us also started-off with some experience with R/C cars,boats and stuff like that, which gives ourselves the impression that we are ready for our fav warbirds, only to find out later how wrong we are.

Flying R/C planes is a totally new ballgame, and a beginner needs to learn and understand aerodynamic, skills, orientations etc. Most of us would have the impression that the plane will draw lines in the sky with whatever sticks our fingers move, only to find out that the plane seems to have a mind on its own. In fact, it's only when you understand how a plane would like to fly before you can make it do whatever you want it to. Just like a wild horse, you need to understand and tame it before you can properly ride on it.

Warbirds are in anyway, unsuitable for beginners. As the name implies, they are designed for combat missions and that means they are inherently unstable, but yet still manageble for the most experienced pilots. For a beginner, before he has figured out what the plane is trying to do, he would probably had it crashed. The biggest mistake is always due to slow or over-reaction, and flying/ manovering at too low an airspeed.

A beginner plane is designed with inherent stabilty and can almost fly by itself, only requiring minimum input by the pilot to prevent it form flying out-of-sight. It allows you to build up you basic skills and orientations until you are capable of taking your wild horse for a ride. Imagine that you are going to a rodeo ride which you haven't been riding a horse in your life. Results are always the same. So be patiennt and do yourself a favour by going step by step till you are fully competant. Frankly speaking, R/C cars and boats experience has very little advantage over learning to fly. Short cut learning will usually end-up with more time, cash and pain to achieve the same results.

Comment

agreed

plane not easy to fly..

Naughty Fuse!

Comment

agreed

plane not easy to fly..

Yar.. yar...
          fuse who call himself a beginner with Heli... but know how to 3D....
          fuse who call himself the beginner with plane... but zoom around the sky with a wing dragon....(3S Lipo)...and flew it faster than all other planes that day...

.... ... ...
          huh

Comment

really beginer ma,

i only do simple flight with the heli, no 3D la not even rolls,

for planes, i only fly high wing planes -- like ez star, e-starter and wing dragon all beginner planes..

so i really beginer la.

by the way, best beginner plane is EZ star!!!!

no need lipo
            i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Alrighty! Thanks for the advice, it's enough to scare me tho.. Tee hee hee... I'll go get the E-Starter first, then I'll go from there. I think I'll go to Pip's and check it out.

Thanks again!!

wwwheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by nixaad
                Alrighty! Thanks for the advice, it's enough to scare me tho.. Tee hee hee... I'll go get the E-Starter first, then I'll go from there. I think I'll go to Pip's and check it out.

Thanks again!!

wwwheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........
                Eh... don't jump into it hor... E-Starter needs re-inforcing... else very high chance it won't survive very long. It just take a slightly rough landing to break it into pieces.

After you get it done up.. don't fly it yourself... Even trainer planes need trimming. So get an experienced pilot to trim it all up for you. (join a fun fly). Then get it high up in the air.. and you can start doing simple circles to get use to the controls.

Better still... find someone with a buddy cord... :-)
                huh

Comment

nixadd,

nic is right , better get someone to help you.

if you wan hands on before buying come to jb , i have both the easy star and e-starter for you to try.

Comment

nixadd,

nic is right , better get someone to help you.

if you wan hands on before buying come to jb , i have both the easy star and e-starter for you to try.
                    aye thanks bro!

nic - OK! I'll get someone to help build, errmm *nudge* *nudge* *ryan* :p

fuse-
                    uhhmmm.... dude.. which part of the south M'sia do I have to go? JB aight?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Jalan Bahar lar...

Flying tomorrow.. wee hours.

Fuse u coming? I need to run before 7:30am....
                      huh

Comment

will try to wake up to meet u

Comment

Working...
                        X