Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Electric Flyers - where to buy Depron Foam locally?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Electric Flyers - where to buy Depron Foam locally?

Hi, to all the seniors in electric foamie flyers out there, may i know where can i purchase 6mm thick "Depron" foam?
    I'm thinking of scratch-building some electric planes out of Depron foam.
    Wanted to do a search on the yellow pages initially but thought i gave it a try at this forum hopeful to get answers/replies, thanks in advance guys!

Art friend, bras basah complex, #03-something.
    Failure is not final,
    Success is never ending:
    It is not the destination but the journey that matters.

Wadever the journey, keep flying!

Comment

Thanks Brat, i went there yesterday, 5mm thick white foam sheets, asked them were these depron foam sheets, they don't even know, sign...... problem is, i also never (touched/see with my own eyes) depron foam before too, so i could not tell for sure if those are depron foam. Heck, there are just so many types of foam, Hey foam flyers, share some secrets leh, where you get depron foam, thanks in advance

Comment

My secret?

Asked for "compressed foam".

Comment

Sorry if not miss taken it may not be available in Singapore, use to found one shop selling 3 mm type compressed foam but now they are closed.

I use those 5 mm compressed foam board for my building but have to cut them down in to diff thickness if you found it too thick for your project...... not that easy

Comment

Ok thanks guys, looks like compressed foam may not be depon foam, but heck, bought them anyways to try

Comment

They are not, but they share the same basic material. Anyway, I think they call it compact foam instead of compressed foam. It has a hard and shiny surface that may require sanding for better glue joints. I learnt that about 10 years ago when I used it to build a foam gas plane. The epoxy glue joints will like to debond at areas that contact with the shiny surfaces.

Depron, styrofoam or compact foam, they are all polystyrene. Only different in process.

Comment

OK, Thanks for the information guys

Comment

rcgroups.com seem to be raving all about FFF- Fan Fold Foam.

There seems to be a lot of ppl enquire about this type of foam, perhaps just for interest check for feasibility of a Mass Order/ Combine order, who is interested to get some?
                  Robert Green Ingersoll:
                  It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.

Comment

I am, but only for thin one like 3mm or so.

Comment

anymore show of hands? Dun worry,the transaction is all transparent between the whole MO group. I love this hobby, I dun earn U a single cent

Wah if only the two of us, the freight and total cost(MOQbuy) /2 is going to kill us!

I'm also interested in getting 2mm/3mm/4mm Good quality Depron and EPP sheets of that dimension( in realistic price!!!)

Anymore ppl interested?
                      Robert Green Ingersoll:
                      It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X