Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay sounds good. just wondering, how much will it affect comparing the etec 1700's extra 40 grams over the tp1320? i suppose even though the etec has a higher capacity, the weight will reduce the plane's performance?

Originally posted by plug&fly
    Go for the TP1320 3s. I have a few running a Gs 28-26 880kv motor on my Ultimate. It flies like a charm. enough vertical, can hover, harrier at less than half throttle. It is light yet have enuf amps to draw.
    "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
    E-starter (GWS) - On "Fire", Trainer, -Sold
    SPITFIRE (GWS) - On "Fire", -Sold
    T-45 Goshhawk 64 mm EDF - Lift-off!
    UAV Scratch Build Ver1.1 - It flies! -Sold
    Mini Cessna scratch build - fun!
    F330 Quadcopter W/KK2 V1.5 - Finally Tuned!
    Charger- Turnigy AC6
    sigpic

Comment

Ok Put it this way

The lighter your plane is the slower it can fly, lesser it tends to stall, lesser power to fly = longer flying time. If crash, will fair better. I have flown my EPP mustang with the 1700 etec 3s - it flies longer and penetrates better on windy days but it is a bull to handlaunch. Not sure abt ultrafly p51 though. I would go for the smaller batts.
      Go back in one piece to fly another day.
      Having fun yet?
      36.39mhz
      40.77mhz

Comment

alright that makes a whole lot of sense. great! thanks for the advice. will get me two sets now. thanks!
        "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
        Charger- Turnigy AC6
        sigpic

Comment

alas its done. the second pic is the real thing

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
          Charger- Turnigy AC6
          sigpic

Comment

ok i am totally freakin out. i just made a p51 model on real flight G2 and all the horible stories of nose over on take off and landing as well as wing drops at slow speed all seemed to happen in the sim!! i just hope its my simulator model making that sucks and not the real thing.

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
            Charger- Turnigy AC6
            sigpic

Comment

Yo aeronautical, some weeks ago I helped Michael to maiden his Ultrafly P51 Mustang....the landing gears are a bit weak...so you really really got to land your plane gently...do not cut throttle but keep say 1/4 to slightly more spinning , otherwise if you cut totally, the plane will just whack to the ground and either bend or rip off the landing gear mount retracts.

Suggest you bend forward the landing gears front by say 1/2" to ensure it doesn't topple over, but check the prop clearing the ground by bringing the tail level with the wing.

The plane requires just a bit of aileron throw only, so once you take off, quickly bring it higher then trim carefully.

Oh...the wing tips bottom portion you may want to use some plastic material from containers and stick it on both wing tips, cos in case when the plane tilted will rub on the plastic instead of scratching off foams.

Have fun bro!
              U maiden already or not ? come Punggol Field Walk to maiden lah...keke...
              Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

hey pacman, hah ok thanks for the tips. i readjusted the cg and the throws on the simuator. i'd say its more managable now. just need to practice landings more. and find a flap configuration that will help slow it down sufficiently without slowing too much that it will stall when landing.

thanks for the offer. wei yao offered to help at bedok already. thanks anyway. i will definately come down to pg one of the days. unfortunately the 'runway' at jw is too narrow for fast landings. by time the plane lands, it would reach my fellow flyers at the end.

i'll take note of the pointers you gave. fingers crossed its a tame mustang

Originally posted by P4cm4n2000
                Yo aeronautical, some weeks ago I helped Michael to maiden his Ultrafly P51 Mustang....the landing gears are a bit weak...so you really really got to land your plane gently...do not cut throttle but keep say 1/4 to slightly more spinning , otherwise if you cut totally, the plane will just whack to the ground and either bend or rip off the landing gear mount retracts.

Suggest you bend forward the landing gears front by say 1/2" to ensure it doesn't topple over, but check the prop clearing the ground by bringing the tail level with the wing.

The plane requires just a bit of aileron throw only, so once you take off, quickly bring it higher then trim carefully.

Oh...the wing tips bottom portion you may want to use some plastic material from containers and stick it on both wing tips, cos in case when the plane tilted will rub on the plastic instead of scratching off foams.

Have fun bro!
                U maiden already or not ? come Punggol Field Walk to maiden lah...keke...

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
                Charger- Turnigy AC6
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aeronautical
                  thanks for the offer. wei yao offered to help at bedok already. thanks anyway. i will definately come down to pg one of the days.
                  i'll take note of the pointers you gave. fingers crossed its a tame mustang
                  Good bro! your plane is in safe hands of Wei Yao....he pro sia....cheers!
                  take some pic also....to show us..keke..

Comment

haha ok thanks.. whats a mustang without a mustang on it?

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
                    Charger- Turnigy AC6
                    sigpic

Comment

Good bro! your plane is in safe hands of Wei Yao....he pro sia....cheers!
                      take some pic also....to show us..keke..
                      !!!!

john, you sure anot?

Thanx!
                      SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lu wei yao
                        !!!!

john, you sure anot?

Thanx!
                        U can lah bro...saw you flew couple of times 3D....inverted some more...knife-edge figure 8...etc....

Comment

U can lah bro...saw you flew couple of times 3D....inverted some more...knife-edge figure 8...etc....
                          I help what i can help, do what i can do.

Thanx!
                          SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

hahah hey wei yao, are the runways at bedok tarmac or lawn?

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
                            Charger- Turnigy AC6
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X