Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which LHS carries 5% (or 10%) Nitro with 20% oil?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which LHS carries 5% (or 10%) Nitro with 20% oil?

Anyone know where can I find locally fuel that has:

5% or 10% Nitro
    20% Oil (Castrol/Synthetic mix is ok)

The last I known of is Bryon's Prenium Traditional mix at NTC.
    But I have given up asking for stuffs they didn't display at their shelf..
    They seem to be at a lost of where all the things are kept now.
    huh

I used to buy castor oil from pharmacies and do my own top up. I am not sure if you can still find them. I did some experiments sometime back with increased oil volumes. I topped-up up to ~2% vol. oil to the fuel I used then. I don't remember what was the original oil content in the fuel then. Anyway, the conclusion was I did not find improvements in engine life with increase oil content nor did the engine run any cooler with increased rpms using the same prop. You will definitely have more gunk to cleanup. If it is extended engine life you are seeking, then try not to lean out your engine too much. Get the max. sustainable rmp on the ground and back out 1-2 clicks (rich) before flight.

I still have a pint of Klotz synthetic oil that i am not using. You can have it if you want. however it is at least 5 yrs old. I am not sure if there are shelf life for lube oil.

The test was done on 2 brand new OS 46FX 2-strokes...

Comment

Thanks. I am looking for a cheaper source of fuel for 4-strokes instead of resorting in the more expensive 20% heli fuels.

For 2 stroke.. My engines are happy with 5%-10% stock, no need add more oil.
      huh

Comment

Why do you need 20% or castor for your 4 stroke engine? Typically, normal 4 stroke engines can do with less oil than 2 stroke. The YS 4 strokers are the only ones I know whose instructions insists on 20%.
        To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Castor oil for 4 stroke? Not good. You'll get lots of gummy stuff all over.

Comment

OS and Saito also asked for 20% ley....

and OS manual say... preferable Castor/Synthetic blend.

Castor is ot mandatory to me... just seeing beside Bryon Fuel has anything closer to 20%..
            huh

Comment

OIC. I've used 10-15% nitro with synthetic oil at 16% on my Saitos without any issues. I switched to 20% only for my YS motors based on advice I've read on the forums and personal experience of other YS owners. Otherwise, I use 16% oil for my Saitos.
              To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

My Saito was on 20% Heli... it was happy with it.
                It went kapoof after I played with the fuel mixes...

Lesson learnt after that. No more fooling with fuel for me. good thing I tried it on that engine.
                huh

Comment

Working...
                X