Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! tree ate my plane! and didn't spit it out!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! tree ate my plane! and didn't spit it out!

flew my plane today as usual.
    did my usual landing approach and when i was flying past the trees, the plane was hit by a gust of wind and it crashed into a tree.

now its high up there with my electronics still on.
    will see if i can get it down tomorrow morning but i dunno if its possible.

worried about my lithium battery.
    and my electronics.

any ideas guys?

the pic above shows roughly where it crashed in the tree.

Comment

a bamboo pole from what you dry the washing on?

or if you can get one go up to bukit timah and bribe one of the monkeys with a banana to go up the tree and get it ....but then you risk the monkey eating your plane as its the same colour as the banana...better stick with the pole then

I am sure that you will be able to get it back..I just hope you get it first.

good luck mate

Comment

i have those extendable poles for pruning trees but even that is too short.

the tree is too high! and its at the top how?

throw a rock with a rope attached? then hope the rope gets caught on a branch and pull the branch down with the plane.

Comment

Sorry about that, just be careful do not try to climb the tree too ! Just too danger and high risk for just a plane. If it rain then you can forget about it too !

Anyway it does not happen to you only !

Comment

what! its like damn alot of expensive stuff in it!
            futaba rx! my only one!

help! need suggestions!

Comment

Do you have a fishing rod ? May be you can try to cast a fishing line with weight over the tree. Ensure you use a 6 feet long fishing pole as this will give a good distance . Use medium weight so it can fly higher and cause less damage in case it come in contact with the plane.

Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
                Do you have a fishing rod ? May be you can try to cast a fishing line with weight over the tree. Ensure you use a 6 feet long fishing pole as this will give a good distance . Use medium weight so it can fly higher and cause less damage in case it come in contact with the plane.

Good luck !
                cool will use a beach caster tomorrow.
                wondering if my line can take the weight.

Comment

Just I am luckier today.. the other tree which ate my plane is just 10 feet or so... with lots of lobang for the plane to crash through.. till about 8ft high.

Ask Ma to modify Art's Raptor to add an electronic hook,
                  then ask Art to fly his raptor to rescue?

Sollie.

In some country... they can dial 911... here we don't have 911, and dialling 995 will end up paying more (in terms of fine for abuse of emergency services.)

---

How about the traditional method of getting ball down a tree... tie a rope to a shoe (use a quarter filled Pep bottle)... throw it up the tree to get it as close to the plane as possible. Once the Pep bottle get jam in the tree, start pulling to shake the branch... hopefully this will loosen it to allow the plane drop lower.
                  huh

Comment

fantastic idea bro.
                    will raffia work?

will see if it works tomorrow.

Comment

nic good idea, but how about using a short stick and tie a rope in the middle and throw it up the tree. It is easier for the stick to go through the branch. Once you start to pull the stick will go side way as the rope is tie in the middle, it will stick on the tree for sure....... and now you can shake as hard as you like ! Just beware of falling object

Comment

want to help guys!?
                        loyn you have been here before you know?

Comment

OK may be Sunday late afternoon, sorry family day for Sat. If you need fishing rod I can bring one to try too. How about that ?
                          Anyone want to give an helping hand

Comment

I am certainly on for the idea of a Nitro Heli doing hook rescue!
                            Coz only a Heli can do spot hover and hook it out with power!

And we have pretty good Nitro Heli pilots around here! ;)

Did u guys read the story in RCG where a guy lost his SS in a big swamp doing AP?
                            That SS was like worth almot $1k! with a Pentax Optios S4i Cam!
                            Then he used another cheaper AP SS with a Aiptek Pencam and took shots of the swamp..

Then he saw a red dot in one of the pics.. so he pasted all the pics
                            together and thru the use of a map, bashed thru the swamp and got his AP SS back!

So i guess sometimes it takes one RC to rescue another RC Vehicle!

Comment

Sounds like some coverted operations....

A recce mission that failed, fell into enemy territories, sent a more elite recce team for info, send in the commandos for rescue...
                              [SIZE="1"]
                              [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
                              Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X